Need some box art pics for Airfix

Dick Montgomery

I was adding the new AZ Models JFC-1 Widgeon Box Art to the Box Art Archive (go to "Gallery" on the home page, select "new galleries", select "Box Art Archive", select "Manufacturer" and then "AZ Models"), and I realized that there isn't a pic of the box art from the Airfix Widgeon kit(s).

Anybody have one they can send? I'd also ask that you supply the Airfix item number found on the box top end flaps.

Thanks!

I've got some of their 1/32 scale tank kits like the M3 Lee, M3 Grant and the Crusader kits. I also have some of their 1/76 scale tank kits, some of which are the blister pack type. The 1/32 scale armor are probably too big for my scanner, but I could photograph the boxtop. They should be original issues from 1976.

Please and thanks! The Archive is "light" on armor, especially Airfix.

I'll contact you via PM with some information on transferring the pics.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the box art!

Thanks Mark!

There are 3 bits of info I need when an image is sent for inclusion in the archive.

1. What is the subject? ( P-51B or M1A4 or USS Arizona)...that kind of info. I can usually get that from the box top image, itself.

2. What is the item # ( This is the item # given to that particular product by the manufacturer. It is usually a set of letters and number such as H-1805, or PA38-200 ) This info is almost never on the box top but is usually printed on the box top end flaps.

3. What scale is the model? 1/48? 1/72? 1/87? 1/35th

Taking a digital image of the box top is generally easier than scanning the box top. That's up to the contributor. Try to avoid using a flash or make sure that if you do you avoid any kind of glare reflecting into the camera lens.

Also, you'll have to center the camera lens as best you can in order to avoid "keystoning" the image. You'll get a wierd distortion such that the rectangular shape of the box top is bent as though it were being inflated with air. Don't worry about that too much...it can be cropped out of most images.

Contact me via PM or email if you have a large number of contributions...there's an easy way for you to transmit them rather than as attachments to an email. We'll talk.

Robin's images are up.

Search for:

01314, and

I found my 1/32 M3 Grant kit, both the Airfix and Lodela (Mexican) boxing. I'll send you those once I locate my personal favorite, the 1/32 Airfix Crusader. It was such a nice kit from 1976, probably as good, if not better than the current Italeri one.

That sounds like a plan! Thanks for the contributions and looking forward to seeing them.

hi sir,

i am wanting to apologize for my slow reply to you.

you had asked me some time ago to help with the project with pics of all my heller kits.

I would love to but 1st i will need to get my cam working or figure out some method to get those pics to you.

also have a lot of 1st edition Airfix in the lot as well.

I haven't been too active as of late with the loos of my father and helping my fam .

plus other concerns that took precedence

but will get back on track shortly

thanks all.

kevin

Family first! Everything else is rather inconsequential.

When you find the time to start collecting images, and if you have a modicum of technological skill (if you can use the forum you have the required skill level!) when you're ready to transfer the images contact me....I have an easy way to move a large # of images without using email.