Oh.My.GOD!!

66Foxtrot

So..I'm doing a search on "Sherman Firefly" to help someone on Hyperscale, and I stumble across "classified" photo documentation of the world's largest manufacturing facility of military hardware...."Maddog Manufacturing". Look at how the shelves are actually bowing under the massive military might!!!

I am not worthy......

2789117380060082404S600x600Q85.jpg

2089070470060082404S600x600Q85.jpg

2397943570060082404S600x600Q85.jpg

2732698370060082404S600x600Q85.jpg

My apologies for "outing" you Duke....but your collection is TOO good not to share! :)

That's awesome! Yo da man, Mark! :smiley14:We're not worthy!

Later,

Lee

Can't say it any better than James did....

OH....MY...GOD

That's amazing!

Mike

That's a lot of plastic but I am forced to wonder how good are they? I'll probably catch some flak but the amount of built models doesn't impress me as much a hand full of beautiful builds.

That's a lot of plastic but I am forced to wonder how good are they? I'll probably catch some flak but the amount of built models doesn't impress me as much a hand full of beautiful builds.

Mark is not only prolific but a pretty clean builder IMHO. His B-36 is pretty sharp as was his recent C-75. I know that he tends to keep weathering to a bare minimum and his armor projects tend to be quick(er) builds but I give him ALL of the credit on teh world for having teh ability to put out a terrific amount of quality work.

Later,

Lee

It is good to see that I am not the ONLY one with a cluttered work space. Keep rocking them out Duke!!

Well I'm extremely impressed! Frankly, not only is the Duke prolific, but I love his attitude too. He seems to have more FUN building than most of us. Maybe we could learn a little lesson from him and opt for a little more quantity and stop worrying so much about "quality".....especially since you only have to please YOURSELF! :smiley2: AWESOME COLLECTION! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

I'd wager that a lot of *serious* modelers have that much plastic in their houses, too, the difference being that the Duke's are actually built.

Impressive collection, Mark. A little of everything....

Ralph

Yep, gotta love Maddog Manufacturing!! Duke loves what he does...and I love watching him...and wishing I could build half as many as he can in twice the time!!

Mark's work is clean, and concise. And, most of all...consistent.

Wow, I'm stunned!

I could not help but laugh out loud in total surprise when I saw this first post!! James, thank you ever so much, you honor me more than I deserve. Don't worry about 'outing' me, I am thrilled at your post recognizing "Maddog Manufacturing". I had actually posted this sometime before; at least a year or to ago, and hadn't gotten nearly this many replies as you have. Thank you again. Tell me, did you post this on Hyperscale as well? :smiley20: I'd love to see some of those replies! :smiley14:

By the way, my collection of finished models has surpassed 1000 in count. It may even be close to 1100 by now. That's what you are seeing in these pics. Now you know why I post my Threads with the name 'Maddog Manufacturing'. That name was actually given to me by someone on the LEM.

Tom, no flak from me. As others have said, I build for me and I have fun! Some of my models are award winning beautiful builds, as I have tried and utilized every technique I can learn to make them as best I can. You can see some of those results in many of my most recent "Completed Builds" Threads when I post a finished model. Aside from those recent builds, many of the models in the above pics are, by today's standards, very poorly built and painted. Many of my earliest models look like a seven-year-old built them, as indeed I did when I was seven. I still have every model I ever built in my life with the exception of the following: 12 that were broken beyond repair during moves, six that were built and given as gifts or commission builds, and seven that were stolen from displays or shows.

I appreciate your honesty and forthrightness, and I shall be as honest as you: I know there are a few who wouldn't be impressed by such a prolific display, but then again, as I mentioned above, I build for myself and I have fun! Thank you Tom for your honest post.

And I especially appreciate all the other great comments and compliments from everyone else. It is these kinds of positive comments that keep me building more and better models. The more I see the more motivated I get to keep building more, as such great comments simply enhance the fun of this great Hobby!

Thanks again to everyone!

Duke,

Though I may be falling behind in our contest, I have finished two review builds (not armor kits). The Shermans; M-1 and M4A3/A1 dozer hybrid ran into a snag. Verlinden's Dozer has me stumped about the assembly and the fact that the bracing is not true. I am trying to over come it and still slugging it out. Was hoping to have one of them done for the NOPMS show but not gonna happen.

Mark

Mark:

That proves it. YOU, sir , are definitely the "Iron Duke". That is the most wonderful collection of Armor and all else that I have seen. I am humbled in the presence of greatness. I showed my Daughter, Danielle and all she could say was "DAMN"!!!!! I think she was a bit impressed as well.

Dave

Duke,

I went back an searched my links file. I found this link to Bob Lettermans site. He is probably the only one to give you a run for your money as far as the amount of models built.

For those who do not know of BOB, he is the master of the large scale diarama. Here is a link to his site.

http://www.bobletterman.com/wordpress/?cat=5

Duke,

Though I may be falling behind in our contest, I have finished two review builds (not armor kits). The Shermans; M-1 and M4A3/A1 dozer hybrid ran into a snag. Verlinden's Dozer has me stumped about the assembly and the fact that the bracing is not true. I am trying to over come it and still slugging it out. Was hoping to have one of them done for the NOPMS show but not gonna happen.

Mark

Don't worry Mark, I have slowed down dramatically myself due to some non-stop home repair jobs I've been picking up. Working long days and coming home too beat to do anything makes it tough to get anything done. I'm heading to St. Crispin's tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to get some progress done on some models.

Dave, you honor me,. I'm not all that great. Everything you see is OOB and not all are award-winning quality, so I can't lay any claim to true greatness. I do build these as best I can with he skills I have. Please pass on my thanks to your daughter; it's rare that a young lady is appreciative of our hobby and so her comment is most appreciated.

Chris, that is an awesome link. Those dioramas are beyond incredible. Thank you for posting that.

Interesting. The only time I ever got published in a local paper was when my Christie Firetruck was published in an article profiling my local club's model display in a public library. :smiley9: I've never been published for my collection. It's okay, fame is fleeting and I'm happy doing what I'm doing. :smiley4:

Thanks again guys!

Duke,

I went back an searched my links file. I found this link to Bob Lettermans site. He is probably the only one to give you a run for your money as far as the amount of models built.

For those who do not know of BOB, he is the master of the large scale diarama. Here is a link to his site.

http://www.bobletterman.com/wordpress/?cat=5

Now THAT'S some good stuff! Master is an understatement.

Thanks Bob! No, no fooling there. In fact those pics are two years old. I've built about 110 more models since they were taken. Gotta take a few new ones soon to update the room.