RESEARCHING FB-111A EARLY F.S. COLORS

JOHN MAENE

My TO 1-1-4 states that the upper colors for the FB-111A are Tan 34201, Green 34079 and Blue-Green 34159. Undersurface is white. The standard colors were 30219, 34079 and 34159.

Hope this helps.

My TO 1-1-4 states that the upper colors for the FB-111A are Tan 34201, Green 34079 and Blue-Green 34159. Undersurface is white. The standard colors were 30219, 34079 and 34159.

Hope this helps.

Clarence,

Appreciate your help. I did see the other numbers, but it appears that maybe over time, the colors do fade. I've seen pictures of some very strange,not quite bleached or washed out colors.

Thanks again,

John

Looking for the (early/first) F.S. colors for the FB-111A. The colors appear to be different (lighter or faded) than the standard SEA TAC fighter F.S. colors.

Thank you,

John

The reason the colors look different is because the FB-111A's, being SAC assets, were painted in SAC colors. SAC's low-level camo was unique to SAC, just as the SEA scheme was unique to TAC.

Ralph

What Ralph said.

Note that "SAC Bomber Tan" (as the MM folks call it) is more green-ish than the SEA tan. I believe the SAC 4-color camo was unique to BUFFs and FB-111's...and that hypothetical B-58 test ship.

The reason the colors look different is because the FB-111A's, being SAC assets, were painted in SAC colors. SAC's low-level camo was unique to SAC, just as the SEA scheme was unique to TAC.

Ralph

Ralph,

Do you know the SAC F.S. color numbers?

Thank you,

John Maene