Jump to content

Revell 1/32 Junkers Ju-88A-1: WIP


66Foxtrot

Recommended Posts

I've spent a little bit every day, for maybe...the last 3 weeks on this kit, and the cockpit is nearly complete. The only aftermarket here are Mike Grant decal placards, and Eduard PE Seat Belts. (I know the interior was probably RLM66...I did mine in RLM02, because I wanted to pre-shade and use some dark washes, as the size is so conducive to these techniques.)The port-side wall panel still needs a satin varnish coating, and some dry-brushing. Sorry for some of the photos' lack of clarity, as well...I'm still learning my new Nikon D3000. :)

 

Revell132Ju882.jpg

Revell132Ju883.jpg

Revell132Ju885.jpg

Revell132Ju887.jpg

Revell132Ju8811.jpg

Revell132Ju8814.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, that looks sharp! :smiley20: I've read/hearad nothing but good stuff about this kit.

 

later,

 

Lee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, James,

 

Your interior details look excellent. Making instrumentation look both real and used in service is always a challenge. I can see the effects of the dark wash bringing out raised details. I've seen this kit in a box, but not one started. Revell produced a winner here from the initial appearances. Are you following the instruction "book" in sequence?

 

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking foward to the finished kit James - looks good so far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the positive comments, gentlemen.

 

Ed, I am indeed following the instructions! The one criticism I have of ALL RoG kits is the instruction booklets. They're extremely "over-engineered", IMHO, and waaaay too "busy". The cockpit is a very detailed part of the build, and I needed to pay attention closely!

 

In fact, construction of the entire cockpit comprises the first 30 steps of the build! :smiley5:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Don and John. The honeymoon is, apparently, over. I spent 2 days making the tailwheel assembly, and installing it. The left and right fuselage halves do NOT fit together well at ALL. The main wing spar causes about a 1/8" discrepency in nose-to-tail lengthwise fit. And, the 30 steps of lovely cockpit....causes the front end to not fit well (fuselage to inner port-side panel wall).

 

After much swearing, struggling, and super-glue, I managed to get it together fairly well. At the cost of the tailwheel assembly. Lots of filler putty going to be needed, which is fine....but, I think the issue is the way the openings for the mainspar are designed. I did test-fit the spar/fuselage halves together before assembly began on anything, and of course...it seemed to fit OK. I don't know what I did, but I have to accept that I did something! I'll try to take some photos later today.

 

JK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...