DML Panther G w/ Zim

Mike Delano

Since I'm caught up with my review timelines, I decided to pick up where I left off on an older project that's been sitting on my shelf. Panthers and their variants are probably my absolute favorite aremor subjects. This is one in particular is the DML Panther G w/ Zim. It's a quite nice kit! I've done some of the preshading and an initial base coat. The base is Gunze Dark Yellow and still needs a few more passes to blend in the shading. I'd like to go with marking other than what's provided on the decal sheet. Any suggestions?

DSC_5435.jpg

DSC_5434.jpg

DSC_5433.jpg

DSC_5432.jpg

Nice work Mike!

At a recent show, I had a friend show me what these newer Dragon kits included. I have not kept up with the new "smart kits" as I have too many of the older 'first release' ones here. I thought to myself "Why do I need to get another Panther - I already have more than I will ever build" - NOW I see that I will have to get some of these newer kits. Escpecially the smart kits with the Zimm. included!

A few more shots of the piece after the camo pattern was added. This is Gunze red brown and khaki green followed by a misting of dark yellow lighted up with a bith of white to fade everything out a bit.

DSC_5440.jpg

DSC_5439.jpg

DSC_5438.jpg

DSC_5437.jpg

Mike,

This is coming along nicely.

I was thinking that the only DML kit that I have built, was a BMP-1. I have to say that I was not impressed with the kit. Thought about making it a apart of my model room wall more then once. I have entered it in two contest and both times it took home a 3rd place. Goes to show you what I know. After seeing your photos of this DML kit, I am rethinking my view about DML.

Well back to your model. You have me hooked now. I want to see more. Post more after wash and weathering, oh heck, just keep um coming, I'm glued know.

Chris