Hello from Wisconsin.

SeaDog101

Hello everyone. My name is Eric and I'm from southeast Wisconsin here in the U.S. Been building models since I was about 12 or 13, though the results at that early age were "miserable" as I was too eager to put kits together and play with them. :smiley17: But now at the age of 40, my skills have improved immensely and I've been going to contests, recently joined the Billy Mitchell model club here in Milwaukee, and finally joined the IPMS in mid May. :) I hope to make lots of friends here and learn lots of great modeling tips and advice.

As for what model subjects interest me, I'm mostly into Sci-fi, Modern aircraft, and Modern ships. I generally won't do anything else like cars (Too hard to get that nice smooth paint finish), Camouflage, Figures, and a few other subjects. The biggest reason why I won't model certain stuff or can't do certain model techniques is because I'm blind in my left eye, Have 20/700 sight in my right eye, and also in the early stages of getting a cataract in my right eye. So whatever model subjects I show in the future on these forums, I hope everyone can understand my shortcomings so to speak. What I lack in eyesight, I try to make up for with patience, dedication, perseverence, and just plain lots of hard work. ;)

My biggest interest is what's known as "What If" or "Never-Were" subjects. These are the things like concepts, prototypes, or other stuff that nobody has seen or heard of before. I also like to dabble a bit in scratchbuilding and humorous stuff too.

Well, that's all I have to post for now. If anyone has any questions or wants to see some sample pics of my models, then let me know.

Welcome Eric! This is a great place to be. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Eric,

Welcome!! Shortcomings??? Please!!! We are all model builders and know everything about everything. We have no SHORTCOMINGS!!! Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance!

MArk

Eric

Welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing your stuff. I am an Armour builder, but love to look at all models. Oh as far as your skills when you were younger. I like the rest of us modelers have been there too. Firecrackers and gasoline do wounders for poorly built model kits. :smiley16:

Chris

Oh as far as your skills when you were younger. I like the rest of us modelers have been there too. Firecrackers and gasoline do wounders for poorly built model kits.

I usually prefer a BB gun myself. LOL. Anyway, thanks for the welcomes, guys. As for some samples of work I've done in the past, here's a link to my gallery pics over at Modelwarships.com. Probably the best model I ever built had to be the USS Montana battleship I built for my best friend which you can see in that gallery.

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/us...user-index.html

As I probably mentioned before, I like to build stuff nobody has seen or heard of before. I just don't like to build something "straight" from the box and am always looking for new ways to use decals, extra parts, new paint schemes, etc. To me, being different or "oddball" within the model world is a whole lot more funner and enjoyable.

Eric,

Checked out your ship models. Love what your can think of. Very refreshing. The FED EX Cruiser rocks. Wonder what kind of UPS ship you come up with. Better yet, as the joke goes; FED EX and UPS merged and are now called FED UP. Try that one an run with it. Great models.

Chris