New kit - 48th scale P-40B forthcoming

jabow

Pegasus has an offer for IPMS clubs hosting MnTs. Check out the Pegasus link on the IPMS MnT website.

It'll be intersting to see how this new 1/48 kit stacks up against the newer Trumpy kit and the older Monogram kit. I know it'll be lacking in the detail department, but if it's an accurate airframe it'll make a lot of "purists" happy!

GIL :smiley16:

It'll be intersting to see how this new 1/48 kit stacks up against the newer Trumpy kit and the older Monogram kit. I know it'll be lacking in the detail department, but if it's an accurate airframe it'll make a lot of "purists" happy!

GIL :smiley16:

Ditto! Personally I still like the Monogram and even the Hobbycraft kit. Never have gotten around to getting a Trumpeter kit as they just seem overpriced (especially with such a shallow 'pit). As for the Pegasus line of 1/48 kits I think they are terrific! :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Look forward to the P-40

Here is my Pegasus Spitfire Mk I

Added a few items to the interior but basic kit was the start. New decals were mandatory.

PegasusStarboardwrWeb.jpg

Look forward to the P-40

Here is my Pegasus Spitfire Mk I

Added a few items to the interior but basic kit was the start. New decals were mandatory.

PegasusStarboardwrWeb.jpg

Excellent!! The kit decals I've used were excellent. As good as any after market ones.

Looks like you opened the canopy?

Bo Roberts

Outstanding, Bill! I have that very kit to give to my oldest nephew for his birthday. Thanks for posting your work...what brand of decals did you use for your Mk.I?

Later,

Lee

Thanks Guys

I did open the canopy and inserted some resin interior stuff just some bits and pieces. I am afraid I cannot remember whose decal sheet I used, Sorry

Is the P-40 available?

I'll look for this one too. I've seen a few of the kits up close, but have never worked on one. The detail is good, and the price is right - this could be a great way for even seasoned builders to get back their modeling mojo...