Zoukei-mura and Volks-USA

TheWalrus

I saw the kit for Zoukei-mura's company's Shinden in Tamiya's recent magazine. Last page. It really looks great! They also are in the process of coming out with a TA152. Both are in 1/32 scale and from the photo's are amazing in detail.

I pre-ordered both kits from their affiliated site Volksusa.com. Then it gets complicated. They have no real release date for either model. (Shinden is in 2nd production run, alledgedly). TA152 will be out in "Autumn". Volks USA has charged my card for the TA152 for "Autumn" release and the second production run Shinden, scheduled for (Maybe a month or two release has not been charged.

I believe it used to be and probably still is illegal to charge a credit card with more than 30-days prior to shipping. Most business practice is to charge when an item is shipped.

Zoukei-mura's site is confusing and stilted in English due to culture and language structural differences and the Volks USA site is worse. I have spoken to Volks USA customer service and the rep is helpful but gets glassy eyed.

Anyone else have experience with these people or know of a place that sells these kits and knows what they are doing?

Enquiring minds want to know.

David,

While I really cannot help you with the USA site, My card was just charged for the second run of the Shinden - I ordered mine from Japan direct.

I totally missed the first run, and by the time I realized the kit was actually out - it was sold out!

The ONLY other place I have really seen them for sale was eBay. I have read of persons who ordered kits direct and were pleased, but I cannot offer any personal insight...

David,

While I really cannot help you with the USA site, My card was just charged for the second run of the Shinden - I ordered mine from Japan direct.

I totally missed the first run, and by the time I realized the kit was actually out - it was sold out!

The ONLY other place I have really seen them for sale was eBay. I have read of persons who ordered kits direct and were pleased, but I cannot offer any personal insight...

Thanks. They seem to have a lousy business model. I think that ordering direct means you still have to deal with Volks but it is VolksJapan. Perhaps I will try that mode when I get my card credited back. My daughter-in-law is Japanese and she has offered to help. I guess it will work out in the end. Heck of a way to do business! :smiley18:

I agree - but from what I hear the kit is wonderful. I am willing to put up with a little delay and wait as long as I get one of the kits.

They were selling for about 2-3 times on eBay over what you could have gotten one direct from Japan.

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear that others are having problems with the VOLKS Web site. I too missed the first run of the 1/32 Shinden, but placed a pre-order on February 22, 2010 on the Japanese site. I received a notice to pre pay on May 8th. I sent my credit card information and received a notice that my card would be charged when it was ready to ship. My card was not charged until July 17, and the kit was on my doorstep in California, Saturday July 24. I can only praise the service from the Japanese direct site. http://www.volks.co.jp/en/

I hope the problems others have had are the exception, and my experience is the norm.

By the way, the kit is AWESOME!

Sorry to hear that others are having problems with the VOLKS Web site. I too missed the first run of the 1/32 Shinden, but placed a pre-order on February 22, 2010 on the Japanese site. I received a notice to pre pay on May 8th. I sent my credit card information and received a notice that my card would be charged when it was ready to ship. My card was not charged until July 17, and the kit was on my doorstep in California, Saturday July 24. I can only praise the service from the Japanese direct site. http://www.volks.co.jp/en/

I hope the problems others have had are the exception, and my experience is the norm.

By the way, the kit is AWESOME!

I wish I had followed your example. I have re-ordered but waited until a week or so ago. Volks-USA did jerk me around on the initial refund and I noter that they are now saying on their site that you don't get a charge back once you order. I think that it is still illegal to charge a card if you are not going to ship within 30 days. I cannot figure out how I order a Shinden and they charge me for a TA-152 being released in "Autumn 2010". Anyway, I hope to be seeing the Shinden in a week or so. I may order the extra detal sets but will do so only from Japan after I see the kit.

I agree with Joe - the kit is outstanding!

(mine arrived last weekend)

I see that Volks USA now is taking orders for the kit, as well as the 200 different bits they sell for it...

I ordered one a couple of days ago. From Japan. They're scheduled to ship July 31st,so, we"ll see. They haven't charged my card yet. There's a build up article in the current SAMI issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it was waiting for me when I got home from Phoenix this afternoon, along with the two PE sets I ordered. All in all, roughly 2 weeks from order to delivery.