New Items announced By Dragon

802chrisg

Dragon announced at the Shizuoka Hobby Show 2010 on 5/13/2010 their new releases. Here is a link:

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/welcome.asp

There are ships, planes, stuff from Lion Roar, and armour kits. One of the new kits announced was the 1/35 scale M7 Priest Mid Production~ Smart kit. I have been wanting to build a M7 Priest but was not happy with the limited selection out there. Talk about timing. :smiley20: If anybody knows of a on line vendor that is selling this kit, let me know. As for now I am planning on sitting right next to my new friend at this weeks model club meeting. Did I mention that he is the owner of the local hobby shop. We are going to be such good friends, I just know it!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I just added it as a favorite search in My ebay so I will know when it hits the streets!

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I didn't get this version of their newsletter yet. Great to see the M7 as well, but I've already built the Acdemy kit, which isn't too bad.

Tim

Tim,

I agree. However, Being an early version it needs work to make it the later style that the IDF used.

Mark

Oh great! Another one for the stash! Just what I need. The rate at which I build armor, my stash of 12 or so Shermans is going to last me a lifetime already!

Mike

Mike,

You know...the IDF used LOTS of Shermans. If you ever wanna unloaded them (as long as they have the M4/M4A1/M4A4 engine decks) I'm your man!!!

Mark

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I didn't get this version of their newsletter yet. Great to see the M7 as well, but I've already built the Acdemy kit, which isn't too bad.

Tim

Tim,

I agree that the Acdemy kit is not bad, but it does need work. I'm hoping that this new kit will have everything in it I need. I still may replace the Browning .50 cal. Will see.

Mike,

You know...the IDF used LOTS of Shermans. If you ever wanna unloaded them (as long as they have the M4/M4A1/M4A4 engine decks) I'm your man!!!

Mark

Someday, you may regret this comment!

Mike

Thanks for the update!

I didn't really see anything that I "can't live without", but I am sure I will end up with a few of these before too long... :smiley2:

• 1 month later...

EBAY has it!!!! only time before they make to the other Hobby Shops!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180535501432

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Mike,

Come on....you know better. It is far more profitable to produce "paper panzers" than vehicles that ACTUALLY had a service life. I mean.....who really wants to build an M-47/M/ER3 when you can build a E-whatever that never saw ground let alone a battlefield. If you can't figure it out.....I am being cynical.

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Mike,

Come on....you know better. It is far more profitable to produce "paper panzers" than vehicles that ACTUALLY had a service life. I mean.....who really wants to build an M-47/M/ER3 when you can build a E-whatever that never saw ground let alone a battlefield. If you can't figure it out.....I am being cynical.

Mark

Well, I for one would love to build another Panzer IV C,D, or F variant.... I love cynicism.

yEAH....But those E whatevers are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much cooler. Why would anyone want to build say a M42 duster, a hardtop 2 1/2 ton, a CUCV? I mean it is still better to model something that never was right?????? I guess I'm in the minority. I could care less about any make believe "wanna be a tank" kit. Give me something the Army actually used!

yEAH....But those E whatevers are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much cooler. Why would anyone want to build say a M42 duster, a hardtop 2 1/2 ton, a CUCV? I mean it is still better to model something that never was right?????? I guess I'm in the minority. I could care less about any make believe "wanna be a tank" kit. Give me something the Army actually used!

I'd also be willing to bet DML could do the Ontos some well deserved justice.

Mike,

Have you seen a build review on it? The one I saw on ML looked pretty nice and RB has a barrel set for it now also.

Mark

Mike,

Have you seen a build review on it? The one I saw on ML looked pretty nice and RB has a barrel set for it now also.

Mark

Mark,

Check out MISSING LINK, I believe Cookie S. did a review of the Ontos.

Chris,

I saw that. Nothing against Mr. Sewell but his reviews leave lots to be desired. I like seeing the parts. Not just someone telling what is included in the kit.

Mark

Chris,

I saw that. Nothing against Mr. Sewell but his reviews leave lots to be desired. I like seeing the parts. Not just someone telling what is included in the kit.

Mark

I agree.

If you're in the minority, then so am I. I could also c are less about some wanna-be that never made it off the paper. In fact, I hate the fact that everyone always seems to want to release another Tiger and another Panther also! Like there ain't any other choices on the Market! Geez, the way everyone is releasing German vehicles, you'd think THEY won the war!! I would just love to see in 1/72 scale an M-47 Patton, and M-41 Walker Bulldog, An M-42 Duster, an M-109 Paladin, and that monster you posted in the Vietnam section. Not to mention some of the British equipment like the Archer, the Crusader tanks, the cruiser tanks and the universal carrier that actually DID help win the war! But wait! Did we win? I can't tell anymore with this continuous release of just another German vehicle....

OK, I'm going back to my workbench.....

Duke,

I feel for you. Picking that small scale does hinder your choices in kits. Kinda like me doing Middle East Wars. While kits are better picking, there are still modifications that need to be done. This reboxed Achilles is a prime example.

Mark