Vietnam Dustoff Huey Question

VonL

The markings for these guys look very generic. Would there have been any unit-specific markings on a Vietnam dustoff Huey (esp. 54th Med Det, UH-1H, typ)?

Speaking for I Corps in 1969 - 70 time frame I recall that the Dustoffs were attached to the medical units rather than field units. No particular unit marking that I can recall. I do think that farther south there were medevac units attached to units in the Cav and probably had the crossed sabers markings.

Cool - Thanx for that. I wanna do a certain Medal of Honor bird. Any chance the Army history peeps might have a tail number for that one? In reality, I suspect the guy wrecked a couple of them during this particular "busy day."

• 2 weeks later...
Cool - Thanx for that. I wanna do a certain Medal of Honor bird. Any chance the Army history peeps might have a tail number for that one? In reality, I suspect the guy wrecked a couple of them during this particular "busy day."

Get in touch with Jon Bernstein..Cobrahistorian over on Zone-Five and ARC..he will have the info you need, or at least know where to start looking...