Paper Modeling

Hello to all modelers out there. I am a bit of a scratch builder and have enjoyed building models for a very long time. Since I found paper as a modeling medium, I have been amazed as to what can be accomplished. I have a large inventory of paper models and Later I will do a build thread as to how I built some of them. I hope that you enjoy them and see you around in the forums.

When I get a hang of uploading photos, I will upload some of my works.

Edited by silveroxide

Hello. I attempted to download the files but it didn't work.

Hello to all modelers out there. I am a bit of a scratch builder and have enjoyed building models for a very long time. Since I found paper as a modeling medium, I have been amazed as to what can be accomplished. here are some of my paper models. I have a large inventory of paper models and Later I will do a build thread as to how I built some of them. I hope that you enjoy them and see you around in the forums.

Hey buddy! Glad to see you made it :) I didnt even see anything to download....

Chris

I am trying to upload some pics of my works. see if this works this time

walker

paper

I hope the above works and below is supposed to be a large inventory of my works. Some of these are build sequences at papermodelers and at zealot. I hope that this works and you can enjoy in some of my works. See you all around in the forums.

my album

Edited by silveroxide

Yes sir! Works just fine. Those are great models!

Hey buddy! Glad to see you made it :) I didnt even see anything to download....

Chris

Glad to be here Chris. Hopefully I will start doing some of my build threads soon. See you around in the forums.

I think as a result of Pedro's posting, we should seize an opportunity we missed three years ago in Anaheim. There was, at that National, a remarkable display of the extraordinary things that can be accomplished with paper or card models. We should have actively courted these craftsmen by adding card model categories to every National Contest and invite and encourage the enthusiasts of this genre to enter AND JUDGE these categories. Simultaneously we should have encouraged Regional and Local shows to likewise provde such categories. We might, by offering these modelers venues to display and compete with their work, thereby encourage them to consider becoming members of IPMS. Paper modeling is hugely popular. These men and women represent a large potential pool of members. They might enjoy the exchange of ideas about modeling and the sharing of techniques with our members. BUT, we would have to think more creatively and demonstrate and promote a policy- at the National level as well as the Regional and Local Chapter - that is more inclusive of other modelers and their clubs. I cannot help but think this kind of diversity of modelers would grow the Society- if we truely made them welcome.

Pedro, Hi. I am the Convention Chairman for the Region 1 IPMS Regional Convention ( Noreastcon 40) to be held in May 2011 in Schoharie, New York-near Albany. Without betraying any confidentialities, would you know how I might contact paper modelers in the northeast United States to see if they would be interested in attending, displaying and competing in our show? Is there a local, regional or national paper modelers' organization that I might contact, that could then, in turn, promote our show to its members. If there is interest, we could easily create paper model categories for our contest. You can "private message" me or we could keep up the conversation here. It might get just the "buzz" we need going to start this process.

"IPMS- It's not just for plastic anymore." Regards, Nick Filippone

Pedro, Hi. I am the Convention Chairman for the Region 1 IPMS Regional Convention ( Noreastcon 40) to be held in May 2011 in Schoharie, New York-near Albany. Without betraying any confidentialities, would you know how I might contact paper modelers in the northeast United States to see if they would be interested in attending, displaying and competing in our show? Is there a local, regional or national paper modelers' organization that I might contact, that could then, in turn, promote our show to its members. If there is interest, we could easily create paper model categories for our contest. You can "private message" me or we could keep up the conversation here. It might get just the "buzz" we need going to start this process.

"IPMS- It's not just for plastic anymore." Regards, Nick Filippone

Yes! One of the new members here "cggutzmer" is a moderator at papermodelers and also has his own website as well. Also there is another site papermodeling for papermodelers, ekuth is the chief moderator there. We have modelers from around the world and a good sprinkling in the north-east as well. make a posting or get in contact with cgutzmer here and he can get with the northeast modelers. He is in the process of intergrating the paper modeling community with IPMS at this time. Thank you for the comments and I hope that this crossover will be beneficial to all of us.

This Mercury Redstone was entered in a "Real Space" category in a local event some years back. The judges did not handle models at this particular show and did not realize it was paper. Its a little worse for wear now but still fun to display.

Mercury_Redstone_Paper.jpg

Hello Nick :) He would be referring to me. I think our two hobbies brought together would really improve them both for the better! Right now my main focus is to get more paper guys to attend regional events. I am sponsoring as many trophies as I can afford and when possible get a vendor table setup for demonstrations and such if I can find people in the area.

Our main area of discussion is at www.papermodelers.com where I have teamed up with Jason (the site owner) and Rick (the head admin) to create an IPMS SIG virtual meeting room. I hope to get lots of people here and anyone is certainly welcome there that wants to learn more about paper modeling. I am encouraging people to post builds and build threads here to increase participation. I have also started a group build topic Steeds of the Aces to get things moving :)

Feel free to give me a shout anytime, I am not hard to find ;)

Chris

Pedro and Chris, Thanks for the replies. I will visit the web sites mentioned. (I think I may already be registered on papermodels.com) I will get in touch with you periodically to see what we could do to make Noreastcon 40 attractive to card modelers as well. Regards, Nick