AKO's 1/100 RGM-79S GM Spartan

This took me a entire year to finish since it's so hard to find free time. Now I can move on to another model project.

This is the AKO GM Spartan Conversion. The conversion kit is plastic and required the Bandai 1/100 MG RGM-79C GM. Besides using the conversion kit, I had to do some modification. I found that the neck was too short and the head which makes the head compact down between the shoulders. It didn't look right to me so I had to scratch build the neck to extend it higher to match the shoulders. The chin also looked a little too flat and squared so I had to bash it and curve it a bit. I also scratch build the left side skirt... couldn't duplicate the same container as the illustration but I made a custom one just so it's somewhat like the original in theory. The exhaust nozzles were all replaced with metal ones from Ako. I also use Ako's visor sticker for the lens on the visor of the Spartan's head and lens for both guns. Couple of other metal parts were from Mecha Skunk, such as the metal piece on the visor holding that visor lens plus some metal tubing. I replaced the antenna with a metal one after I accidentally broke the plastic one in half. The combat knife on the back pack was also scratch built plus the saber holder on the back right skirt and smoke dis-charger on the head. I added a reactive armor pack to the left back skirt to give it more dimension. The sub machine gun is a resin kit from Scomber. Plus, any part that looks like the head of a screw... well they are real screws... different sized one for eye glasses.

4590740436_b8187e02c3_o.jpg

4590740484_e520c81ca9_o.jpg

4590740520_57e510592b_o.jpg

4590120157_d113db60df_o.jpg

4590740660_ac74b79cdf_o.jpg

4590120319_2a522edf2c_o.jpg

4590740792_388742a0d5_o.jpg

4590767556_a054ef6df2_o.jpg

Edited by GMobile17

Woe betide the Zeon who finds himself facing this suit!

I may not know the lore and mythology of the battle suit, but it sure looks mean and effective. Good job. I need to try one of these someday from the stash.

Ed

Thanks guys.

BTW, I love to build these Gundam series kits because you can get real creative with them. I know a lot of people paint them to whatever scheme they like or come up with. Plus those who like to push the boundary, finds new ideas and ways to modify the kit.

I look forward to an event each year in Louisana, partly because one of their members does such a great job on battle suit kits. They are interesting and allow for quite a bit of free-lancing in paint and in added detail.

• 2 weeks later...
I look forward to an event each year in Louisana, partly because one of their members does such a great job on battle suit kits. They are interesting and allow for quite a bit of free-lancing in paint and in added detail.

I wish I had the time and expense to travel to Louisiana. I love to see other people work on battle suit kits, especially ones that are highly recommended by others. Around NYC, kits of this nature is rare in local and regional contest.