Kits made by Count Down, Inc

About a month ago, I can across a kit of the 'Apollo/Saturn V' which also contained a CRAWLER, LAUNCH PLATFORM, and L.U.T.

The company name is ' COUNT DOWN, Inc ', they also made a stand-alone Saturn V and a Titan II/Gemini.

My question is: Does anyone one know anything about the Titan/Gemini combo? What little I know is that it is supposed to be

in 1/96th scale, and is a 'static' model, other than than I don't know if it is all one piece or if it has seperate stages, capsule,

service module/s, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Google is your friend. A search for "Coundown, Inc. models" turned this up at http://321awards.com/about.htm

In 1966, Countdown, Inc. was founded by Mr. Dick Repper. Countdown, Inc. built model rockets of Saturn V. These rockets were sold at the souvenir shop at NASA in Cape Canaveral, Florida. In an effort to grow his company, Mr. Reeper decided to branch out into the plaque and trophy industry.

In 1974, the Award Shoppe was purchased by, Billy and Myra Sermons. At the time the Award Shoppe was a small local award store. The Award Shoppe grew over the next twelve years before being sold to Billy and Myra's son, Michael Sermons, in 1986.

In 1988, Mr. Dick Repper sold Countdown, Inc. to Billy and Myra Sermons. Both Countdown, Inc. and the Award Shoppe were managed by the Sermons family for 2 years.

In 1990, with the retirement of Billy and Myra Sermons the merger between Countdown, Inc. and the Award Shoppe took place giving us the business we all know today, Countdown's Award Shoppe.

In 2005, Countdown's Award Shoppe bought out The Trophy Center, another local award store.

Unfortunately, it looks as though they no longer produce models.

I posted an inquiry on the space-modelers Yahoo group forum. I'm sure someone there will know about these models.

Here is what I learned. One contact says:

"The Countdown Gemini Titan is really not much. In fact if it had not come in a box that said what it was I would not have known."

Another says:

"I have it here and frankly forget it. Although the Saturn V isn't too bad, the Gemini-Titan is really badly made toy! as far as Countdown was concerned, it was only issued built. It was in comparable packaging to the built Saturn by itself. Saturn in red box, Gemini in blue."