Next Step Future

Ju88A1Futureanddecals3.jpg

Decals complete

Ju88A1Futureanddecals2.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! That's looking really nice, and I can't believe how fast you went through the painting process.

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil

One day for bottom and one day for Top. Hair dryer for Testors RLM 71 and let the Gunze RLM 70 go overnight before Future

Got the camo done on the Hurricane. Painted the Dark Earth on Friday evening and then painted the Dark Green this afternoon. After masking the MkI Spit camo that I'm also building (see the Steeds topic), I decided to free hand the Hurricane camo. Both colors have also been post shaded with lighter tones to make them a bit more "war-weary".

100_2730.jpg

100_2751.jpg

By the way, the top pic is a bit on the light side as it showed the highlighting better. The bottom pic is a closer match to the real model. I still need to do some gentle wet sanding on the paint job. That will further highlight the raised ribbing of the fabric and also smooth out some orange peel that's in the corners of the wingroots. Then I can gloss it in preparation for decaling and weathering. Cheers!

Edited by ghodges

Stuka is progressing nicely. All seamed up and sanded out...ready for some paint.

Wow Bill the Ju88 looks outstanding! And gil your Hurricane is lookin' pretty sharp too. :smiley16:

Later,

lee

Greetings

Thanks Guys for the compliments

The canopy frame is done with thin sliced and painted decals.

Completed model below. Not sure on how much weathering to add. Exhaust is only weathering at this point.

Comments appreciated.

Ju88A1rwrgun.jpg

Ju88A1tpport.jpg

Ju88A12.jpg

Outstanding work, Bill. I'd leave it as it is. :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Thanks Guys

My references don not show a lot of "stuff on the top during the B.O.B.

Will probably leave It

Thanks again

PS.. ICM 1/72nd 109 E under way...Great Fathers day action

Being a new guy to this Group build posting,am I committing major taboo by posting Build photos ?

Let me know?

Here is my 109 RLM 02 and 65 in -progress

109E-3RLM02and65port.jpg

Absolutely not! Post all the in-progress photos you please....and finished model pix too!

William,

From the first post when this build was started. OK fellow model builders. This is the starting point for the BoB build group. I personally will do the rehashed Italeri/Tamiya Ground Maintenance set. Please join in with your build and keep us all informed of the progress with both written and photographic updates.

That said.............The more the merrier. I have actually built a little more of the maintanance set but most of my time has been spent on the M4A2/A1 Dozer build. SO the more pictures the better since I am slacking on this group build.

Mark

Got my Hurricane done. It's the Classic Airframes MkI "ragwing" Hurricane, pretty much OOTB. Aeromaster decals.

100_2771.jpg

100_2764.jpg

100_2766.jpg

Coments, questions, and critiques welcome! Cheers!

Edited by ghodges

Fantastic build Gil

Great looking Hurricane

May I ask the pilot of that aircraft? Seems familiar.

Cheers

Bill

Gil,

Great build and paint. The Hurricane (to me) has always been one of those "so ugly ya gotta love it planes". Here is the work I have accomplished thus far.

3-1.jpg

Mark :smiley20:

Edited by Mark Aldrich

According to the Aeromaster instruction sheet, the markings on the Hurricane are for 229 Squadron, Sept. 1940, flown by pilot officer V. Ortmans (Belgian). I don't know anythng about him, and the instruction sheet doesn't differentiate these markings as being for an early or late MkI Hurricane. I picked it because it was one of the few with any personal markings, the "P" side codes seem to match other very early 'Canes, and because the date is at the height of the BoB. Thanks for kind words guys! Cheers!