So who wants to start?????

Mark Aldrich

Need a group to start and a subject to start it on. How about corsairs (partial cause I already got one started) but am game for any ideas.

Mark

How about a NASCAR subject? Sunday is Darlington...what better way to spend the day than watching the race and working on a NASCAR kit?

I have no Nascar kits. I'd have to go buy one.....but again...I'm game.

How about a NASCAR subject? Sunday is Darlington...what better way to spend the day than watching the race and working on a NASCAR kit?

Ooooooh! An Iron Man NASCAR build!!!!

Too bad it takes me months to complete anything!

Treadhead,

You can always free lance a bit and put treads and a gun on the car!

How about Battle of Britain

70th anniversary and what!

Started on a JU88 A1

Plans for 109E-3 & Spitfire MK I

Received a perfect decal sheet from engand for B.O.B

Well, when you get a build rolling along, please feel free to create a new thread and start posting photos.

Perhaps its better if only a single build project is selected for the initial effort...we can split off and have several projects going at once when more people jump into this thread and wish to set up other projects.

I've always enjoyed Battle of Britain models...I'm in Bill!

May I suggest that if no other ideas pop up that you come up with a time frame and any other parameters you wish to toss in? I've got a Ju-87 that I'll work on.

And Mark, if its BoB then one could do trucks or ground equipment or AAA that would have been used. Its a stretch but it beats a Cup Car with an 88 mounted on the hood.

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "aggresive driving", and I agree. An 88 would be "intimidating"

(Meaningful play on words if you're "nascar")

Well, I think having more than one Group Build going would get more people involved as they would have more choices. Usually on the LEM, we have three to five going at the same time. However, if this is how you want it to be with only Group Build going, then that will work too.

The person suggesting the Group Build is the host. It will be his job to keep the main page (first post) updated with the names of participants and the subjects they are building. So, William, start a new Thread with the title of your Group Build, than post what it is, subjects accepted and then list those participating and their subjects. Keep watch on your Thread because anyone wishing to join needs to post on your thread.

Meanwhile, if enough people want to do a NASCAR Group Build, then someone could lead that and start a new Thread so others can join.

I'm actually involved in three Group Builds already on two other Forums so I'll sit out the BoB Group Build. besides, I think I've already built everything that was used in that battle anyway!

Wait.....Aggressive driving....I thought it was rubbing.....rubbing is racing!!! OK Here are my current works.

F4U-1D - Carsair done as a IAF

Two Shermans - both being done as IDF early Shermans

M48A3- Being done as a IDF

IDF Puma - alot of Resin and a little plastic

(Noticing a theme here?)

If we do a BoB then I can actually build the Field Mainentence set. How about a Gun truck group build? We all have at least a Land Rover or jeep lying around and as modelers we have tons of various weapons in our spares box?

Perhaps if we stay with the overarching BoB theme then the treadheads can do a Field Maintenance piece or a gun truck, the AC boys can do any number of subjects, the ship guys can do whatever it would be that was floating offshore, Figs have multiple subjects, even Autos guys have choices (No NASCAR with camo!). About the only group left out would be the Space guys.

Dick,

Wait a second... I know NASCAR ran camo jobs in honor of the Armed Forces and space guys could definately do a BoB 2010 (re-battled)!

Yes sir. Come to think of it you are right. Even the Sci-Fi guys could find a hand-hold.

You make the call, provide a topic and I'm on board.

Awaiting your choice and looking forward to whatever hunk of plastic I get to play with.

Korean War!

This summer is the 60th anniversary of "the forgotten war" and our guys who went nose-to-nose with the commies are long overdue some serious recognition and respect. Suggest this group build then be displayed together at the 2011 Nats. Early 50's classic cars have a nice potential niche here, too.

My 2 cents.

A couple of years ago, our local chapter did a Group Build "The Year 1965"...it could be anything from 1965. We had several aircraft, a couple of cars, a fire truck, a few pieces of armor...all fit within the main criteria...