New IPMS/USA SIG added

Yep, you got it -- paper modeling !!

If you have missed it, we have had several paper ship reviews in the last year -- check them out under Reviews / Misc / Kits ....

Well, now we add a SIG -- check it and our other SIGS on the SIG page http://ipmsusa.org/SIGs/SIG_Public.asp

If you've not tried a paper model, you should. For one thing you can get by with a minimum amount of tools and supplies !! I did the Wilhelmshaven Bismarck long ago when stationed in Germany, then picked up another copy of it on a later trip over -- still haven't built the 2nd copy but it calls my name ....

Anyway, please welcome our newest SIG and check out the others -- there might be something of interest.

I build paper models. I find that they "travel" well. I have a small tool box just for paper and it helps to pass the time when I'm on the road. Rockets and structures (buildings such as White House or various castles) are my subjects of choice.

Great idea! I've seen some fantastic models, only to be stunned to find they were paper.

Let me preface my next statements by saying that the IPMS/USA 2010 National Convention organization in no way endorses any products or services, nor do we advocate against any.

We were contacted by a gentleman representing Ecardmodels.com. He asked if we could pass an offer along to the membership, but we did not want to set a precedent by advertising for him on our website. This seems a good place to forward his offer.

"...I would like to make this offer to all modelers/entrants. If they would like any model from my business to enter into ANY IPMS contest I will provide the model free of charge. All I ask in return is some pictures of the finished model and a pic of it in the show. To purchase their model they need to visit www.ecardmodels.com/shop choose the model they want and purchase using check/money order. Include a note as to the show the model will be entered into and I will manually approve the purchase.

Thanks

Chris Gutzmer

Owner Ecardmodels.com"

This is all the information I have. Any transactions relating to this offer should be directed to Chris Gutzmer at Ecardmodels.com.

Steve