Model kits that bring a smile to your face

adfogel

Well, the full list includes the Opel Ambulance, the SdKfz. 251/8 Halftrack ambulance, the M-48-A5, the T-62M tank, SdKfz. 251/7 assault bridge, SdKfz. 251/16 (Mine was short shot on the upper hull) the PzKpfw III - Flamethrower and I think the T-34-76M 1943. These are the kits I never built. I usually keep my eyes peeled at shows for these if they are offered at a decent cost.

Ones I've wanted to get a second or third kit of to make in another country's markings were the White scout car and the Leopard 1A3A4. I can usually pick them up at shows though.

If you are offering, let me know what they would cost and I'll see what I can do.

I have an M48A5, T-72M and PzKpfw III flammpanzer.

Wow, that really comes down to pretty much everything in my stash! I've been going through it quite a bit lately, and I'd have to say the kits that bring the biggest smiles these days are the British aircraft from WWII and just after, and the Shermans in it's many guises.

I was just perusing stuff like the Tempest II, Sea Fury, Hornet and Brigand as well as the Dragon M4 DV, the Tasca Firefly Mk I C, the Dragon Sherman MK II...............

So many kits :smiley31: ....so little time! :smiley19:

Mike Moore

Yeah, I'm with you, Mike...my stash makes me happy!

I have an M48A5, T-72M and PzKpfw III flammpanzer.

Cool! Three I never was able to find. What do I owe you for them?

BTW, I found the Opel ambulance and Halftrack ambulance in my stash ans started them. I didn't even know I had them! Wild!

I'll send a PM.

Another thread reminded me of another series of models that always bring a smile to my face: The old MPC 'Profile Series' aircraft. I loved building them and always dreamed of getting every box Maybe someday.

I've been butchering models for almost 60 years and there are many I have liked, etc.

Currently, it's British, from before WW1 to early WW2, and mostly in the Silver Wings era 'tween wars. It's the subject, not the kits themselves. And of course I'm heavily into the Classic British Kits -- Airfix Matchbox, FROG, etc ... Other than that, it's Flower class Corvettes ...

But if I wanted to pick those that comprise my fondest memories:

-- the large Revell sailing ships -- Constitution, Cutty Sark, Kearsarge, Spanish galleon, etc. I have built two of the Constitution and Cutty Sark. I would sit, at a table in front of TV, and just patiently and quietly do the rigging. I really, really enjoyed every one of those kits and the resulting model.

-- the Monogram Speedee-Bilts, particularly the F6F and F9F, and anything that is a flying model of an SE5. The F6F was a quick build, rubber-powered plane, many of which were built in my basement and crashed in my street. Same with the F9F, the only difference being the Jetex engine. And then there were the SE5's -- rubber powered, small gas powered, all free-flight. Build and crash, repair or re-buy, fly again ....

• 3 weeks later...

The kits that give me that warm fuzzy feeling when I hold them are as follows.

Monagram 1/48 F-100,F-101,F-102,F-105,F-106

Hasagawa 1/48 F-104,F-4(all varients),A-7,F4U

Trumpeter 1/48 F-100

Hobby Boss 1/48 A-7,F-105

Tamyia 1/48 P-51,F4U

Academy 1/48 F4U

Accurate Minatures 1/48 P-51

Trumpeter 1/35-1/72 CH-47D

Oh man, where to start.

For some reason the first kit to come to mind is the 1/48th Revell Bf109G-10. Scribed, accurate, lends itself to many schemes and conversions, and best of all it fits. Maybe that is why it has always been available since it's first release.