Naval Aviation Museum

Hanson

If you like naval aviation, particularly early - pre-war, WWII, early jet age - I just posted around 1500 photos from a recent visit to the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola last week: http://x.scaleautosport.com/blog/

There's also a number of photos of the ship models they have on display. The 1/72 USS Enterprise CVN-65 was particularly impressive, as was it's CV-6 counterpart in the same scale.

Enjoy!

Spent a good part of my life working on the flight decks of carriers as a catipult sailer. I have been to this museum. Great place, really captures the the whole Navel avation experience.

Chris Graeter

IPMS #39885

Colchester, Vt

The "flightline" tour is now being run again. I took it last year after being unable to do so the previous two years. The bad news is you CANNOT get off of the bus and have to take your pics at a distance. But, an added benefit to that tour is that it borders one of the active P-cola runways and you get to watch all manner of stuff coming and going!

GIL :smiley16:

Yes, and they're very serious about not straying from the bus. I shot as much as I could through the window and walking between the bus and the restoration hangar, but was a bit disappointed to not be able to get closer to a few of them.

The new addition is supposed to be finished this year. It's going to be BIG - one of the docents told me they plan on having the Coronado as the centerpiece (turns out it was Nimitz's personal aircraft) - and that's HUGE.

If I lived in the area, would definitely be a volunteer on the weekends!