New Gallery

Eric Aitala

Hi Folks,

We have a new Gallery online at http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery . The Web Team have been moving the galleries from the other servers into the new space, plus we have some new Albums set up as well.

The older galleries are still online and linked from the 'Galleries' button on the main site since we're still working on the move. The new site is not setup for members to submit images - I am looking into the Forum add-on to do that, but we'll have to upgrade IP Board to version 3 first...

If you have any questions, let me know.

Eric Aitala

Hi Folks,

We have a new Gallery online at http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery . The Web Team have been moving the galleries from the other servers into the new space, plus we have some new Albums set up as well.

The older galleries are still online and linked from the 'Galleries' button on the main site since we're still working on the move. The new site is not setup for members to submit images - I am looking into the Forum add-on to do that, but we'll have to upgrade IP Board to version 3 first...

If you have any questions, let me know.

Eric Aitala

Very nice. I'd like to point out that without your change to the new, faster, server, this would have been a dream a few short months ago.

Well done Web Team!

:smiley32:

This Gallery looks just like the one used on the LEM. Same layout and all. Gee, I'd better refrain from posting here once permissions open up. I could flood these galleries. I already have on the LEM! :smiley20: :lol:

Well.... I don't think we're going to open that Gallery up for general users - we (aka Dennis) have enough trouble keeping track of users on the Forum. We will have a system for folks who need to upload things like Event Galleries, but that will entail using a general guest account.

Once I update the Forum software, I will look into buying the Gallery addon for it.. will make life easier for everyone.

Eric

This Gallery looks just like the one used on the LEM. Same layout and all. Gee, I'd better refrain from posting here once permissions open up. I could flood these galleries. I already have on the LEM! :smiley20: :lol:

• 2 months later...

200 + images were added to the Box Art Archive within the last 72 hours.

(You can find the B.A.A. by going to the new gallery, finding the album labeled, Box Art Archive, and clicking on the image on the cover)

While working on these images I found that there was only one image of an F-89 Scorpion. If you have an F-89 kit please consider taking a digital image and sending it to me via email attachment. If you have more than a few, or if the image sizes are too large for email then please contact me and I can provide you with a way to transfer any number of images without resorting to the use of an email attachment.

If you find that your favorite subject is under-represented on the B.A.A. then please feel free to submit images.

Please note that the item # (found on the box top flaps) and the scale should be sent as well. Each image is named in such a way as to include that information and that is important when visitors use the "search" feature within the gallery.

Thanks!

Ed,

I'll make sure that they didn't get placed in one of the other albums.

I remember having the old Revell Odd Scale kit(Air Power Series) and a 1/48th version, also by Revell, or at least I think I remember them.

After a quick "search" of the contents of the Albums, a few images were found and placed in the F-89 Album. We now have 5 images.

One really needs to be replaced due to the poor quality of the existing image. I've found that, on occasion, the image seems to get "damaged" while being transferred into the album. The thumbnail isn't all that bad but the full sized image is poor. That would be the 1/48th scale Revell F-89D, item # 4548.

Interestingly, I found that the box art for the Ace kit and the box art for the Revell kit, 4548, previously mentioned are very similar.

If you've got images to share please contact me.

.....One really needs to be replaced due to the poor quality of the existing image......That would be the 1/48th scale Revell F-89D, item # 4548.

If you've got images to share please contact me.

Dick, inbound email with attached digi. Please, let me know if it shows up. If not, please PM your current e-ddress.

Edited by Weedeater

Some new items have been added to the Revell, Ace, Eastern Express, Seminar, and Hasegawa albums.