Hello to all forum members

ModelGeek

Hi everyone,

I'm a life long modeler living in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I was introduced to the hobby by my father when I was ten. I'm now 47 years old.

When I was growing up I built almost everthing, 1/72 aircraft, 1/700 ships, and 1/35 armour. I was active all the way through high school and still have about a dozen of my 1/35 Tamiya armour kits from that time. Like many others my priorities changed and I didn't build anything for about 10 years. When my oldest son was born I started building aircraft to hang from his bedroon ceiling. I continued this when my 2nd son was born. Now they are 12 and 16 years old. Both are active in the hobby. :smiley14:

Now I build for myself. I build 1/48 aircraft from WW1 to present day. I find that the 1/48 is big enough to detail yet small enough to display in limited space.

I've been a member of the Lakes Region Scale Modelers for about a year and just recently joined the IPMS. I am also active on the Fine Scale Modeler forum.

I look forward to learning from all the talented members here and hopefully will be able to share some of my knowledge with all of you.

Helloooo Tom,

- Welcome aboard the IPMS DF and to the Society. I am certain that all of the fellow Modeling Geeks here will extend warm welcomes and are willing to share their experiences and look forward to seeing what cool new additions you have to share with us. You may see a few bumps here and there, but I am confident that when you look past them, you will not regret giving us a shot. Model on, Brother of the Sprue.

AAARRRGGGHHH....another Airplane builder! Well, they are plenty of talented modelers here. Hopefully, you can teach them a thing or two as well. Welcome and lookiong forward to seeing some of your work!

Mark

Very glad to have you here with us Tom! Your story is like a lot of ours too, so I think you'll feel at home. Also glad to hear your hobby is a family experience with your sons. Post some of your work when you get time, and welcome!

GIL :smiley16:

Tom,

Welcome aboard. Lakes Region is a very active club and I'm lucky enough to be on the distribution list for their newsletter. Lots of talented modelers there.

I also like WWI 1/48th...latest was a Morane G. Kit was a challenge, Maquette, I believe, but it was fun.

If you 've got some images of your work please feel free to share them with us.

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to be. Enjoy!

Mark Fiedler (alias aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Nice to have you here, Tom! :smiley16:

Later,

Lee

Welcome aboard Tom. Really good to see that your two sons are modelers too. Nothing like new blood to help build this wonderful addiction, OOPS I mean hobby.

Chris Graeter

IPMS #39558

Welcome Tom. I am hoping to attend the upcoming contest that you guys at Lakes Regions will be hosting. I'm looking forward to saying hi to lots of people there.