Where My Cursor At???????

Since moving to the new server, it seems that when you write in a text box (like I amn now) there is no cursor visible. Also, if you try to correct a mistake, or go back to delete, or copy a section of your text, you really can't. If you get to edit at all, the invisible cursor is most likely somewhere in the middle of what you were writing. This is REALLY annoying. Is there anyway we can have the cursor back?????

Since moving to the new server, it seems that when you write in a text box (like I amn now) there is no cursor visible.

James,

Others have noticed this - it seems to be some weird interaction between the latest Invision software and at least some versions of browser (some of the newer versions of Firefox seem to have the problem). You could try Google's "chrome" or even plain old Internet Explorer (both seem to work OK for me on this otherwise horrible Vista laptop...)

Don

Correct. I see a cursor on my home Mac with Safari but can't on my laptop. Browser problems with the forum software seems to be at the heart of this.

What I find odd is that the Forum software has not changed when we moved to the new server... can't figure out why folks are having the cursor issue.

Really makes no sense...

Eric

What I find odd is that the Forum software has not changed when we moved to the new server... can't figure out why folks are having the cursor issue.

Really makes no sense...

Eric

- And to add to that confusion, I have a daily situation where I have internet access throughout the day at several different PC's. On two separate PCs I installed Firefox Mozilla because it solved numerous issues where I could not open, see, or download from certain websites. The Mozilla was the fix for that. Buuuutttt....on one PC, I get the cursor and can edit my posting at the moment of origin. On the other PC, I get no cursor and I cannot edit the original and must post the message and go back to use the edit feature as Clare pointed out.

- FWIW the two Mozilla downloads occured about three months apart and I seem to recall they were different version downloads. HTH.

IIRC, I think the latest FF update actually has the issues with replies and the previous version didn't.. I think something changed in their Javascript interpreter which may have broken the quick replies...

Things may stay broke until I can do the 2 -> 3 update of IP Board...

E

Guess what - I found a possible patch on the IP Board support area.. I have installed it.. you may need to clear your browser cache for it to work.

Let me know if it does.

Eric

Guess what - I found a possible patch on the IP Board support area.. I have installed it.. you may need to clear your browser cache for it to work.

Let me know if it does.

Eric

As always, thanks for your work Eric.

Yep! It works on Firefox now. Make sure you "toss your cookies" and restart the browser.

Thank you Eric!