Porsche 935 1:12

PeteJ

Here are some photos of a Tamiya 935 1:12 that I built over the last 3 years. It has a ton of extras, most of it from Scale Motorsport, but also a fair amount of scratch built stuff. Enjoy.

cockpitfromleft.jpg

spareengine.jpg

spareengine2.jpg

front21.jpg

Frontsuspension2.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

cutoffandhoodpin-1.jpg

Leftfrontquarter.jpg

leftrear.jpg

leftside-1.jpg

Peter, That's awesome!

I've longed for the 1/12 934 kit and was finally given one from my wife and boys for Chrismas. As you have said, I too believe it to be a nice long build. It looks like fun and I can only hope it comes out as flawless as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Peter, That's awesome!

I've longed for the 1/12 934 kit and was finally given one from my wife and boys for Chrismas. As you have said, I too believe it to be a nice long build. It looks like fun and I can only hope it comes out as flawless as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Chris -

Thank you for the complement. You have a lot of very pleasurable hours ahead of you. I don't know if you have the Scale Motorsport Super Detail set or not, but that contributed a great deal to this build. They are becoming a bit rare as there were only 507 kits made. They do come up from time to time on eBay and are a bit pricey. If you don't want to go for the set, SMS sells the "Up Close and Mechanical" CD for about $15. It has just about all the detail photos you could ever want to build an accurate recreation of this car. I wish you good luck with the build and if you have questions, I will be here.

Pete, thanks. I'll probably forgo the SMS kit. I suspect at the prices they demand right now and in the future I could probably turn and or purchase fittings and what not for about the same price or less. I think that will be part of the fun anyway.

I enjoy the trip and stops it takes to get to the destination.

Will lean on you if I need some help. Thanks for that.

Chris

Good gracious! Very cool. I myself don't build larger scale subjects, but that's just got lots of eye candy to keep you looking for more. Nice clean build. B)

Pete, thanks. I'll probably forgo the SMS kit. I suspect at the prices they demand right now and in the future I could probably turn and or purchase fittings and what not for about the same price or less. I think that will be part of the fun anyway.

I enjoy the trip and stops it takes to get to the destination.

Will lean on you if I need some help. Thanks for that.

Chris

I know what you mean. About half way through the build I purchased a Sherline lathe. This is the first of may pieces I did. Unfortunately, like many of the parts only I know what I did. You can't tell it is metal by looking at it.

firebottles.jpg

firebottle3.jpg

Well, I am speechless...utterly speechless.

I have this kit...started...and now I see exactly how inferior it's going to look once completed! I'll just use this build for some serious inspiration.

Blown Away,

Lee

WOW! You called THAT a piece of junk in the other Thread?!! This is unbelievable! Makes me think it's time to hang up the Exacto blade! I'm speechless!

Mark,

Thanks for the complements. The"piece of Junk" comment was intended with a note of sarcasm. Lumpus has encouraged me through the entire build on another board. Actually, after 3 years it was good to be done and now I can move on to other projects, like building another one, done correctly this time. :lol: In all truth, this was the second one and I am getting better. I actually have three more sets to build with, but I am going to let it rest for a while before I tackle the next one. Thanks again to you and all the other modelers who found this to be one of my better builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's really considered bad taste to take photos of 1:1 vehicles and then pass them off as models! :smiley2:

• 2 weeks later...