Tenex 7R Is it gone?

tom

My local hobby shop can't get Tenex 7R in stock. A short while back it was off the shelves for about 3 months and then was back. Have they stopped producing it?

My local Hobby Shop couldn't get it towards the end of last year but now can get it regularly. Yeah :smiley4: They order from both Steven's and MMD

I don't think so. From what I understand, the manufacturer had some difficulty procuring the bottles it's sold in last year. When he found another source, it became available again. My LHS keeps it in and restocks regularly. IF yours can't find it, MicroMark sells a product called SameStuff that is supposed to be chemically identical.

Steve

I don't think so. From what I understand, the manufacturer had some difficulty procuring the bottles it's sold in last year. When he found another source, it became available again. My LHS keeps it in and restocks regularly. IF yours can't find it, MicroMark sells a product called SameStuff that is supposed to be chemically identical.

Steve

I don't know - I've ordered the 'Same Stuff' equivalent of ProWeld, and it was definitely not the same stuff. Either that, or I just got a bad batch of it...

I sent an inquiry about Tenex 7R to Sprue Brothers and here's their response -

"We will tell you as soon as someone tells us. We are in the same boat you are."

Give it up! Go here: Visit My Website

Order the Weld-On #4 in BULK. For $30-$50 you can get several CANS of weld cement, which translats into DOZENS of "bottles" of Tenax. This stuff is just as good (better in MHO) as Tenax. Take the stress out of worrying what glue you'll use and whether it''ll be available. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Give it up! Go here: http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?act=po...f=31&t=3421

Order the Weld-On #4 in BULK. For $30-$50 you can get several CANS of weld cement, which translats into DOZENS of "bottles" of Tenax. This stuff is just as good (better in MHO) as Tenax. Take the stress out of worrying what glue you'll use and whether it''ll be available. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil, your link takes me right back to this thread to post a reply. Can you please double check it. Thanks for the tip too. Model on, Brother of the Sprue.

Gil, your link takes me right back to this thread to post a reply. Can you please double check it. Thanks for the tip too. Model on, Brother of the Sprue.

Weld-on can be purchased at any commercial plastics fabricator. Just google "Plexiglas" and your city and you should come up with a local sales point. Worst case try the yellow pages. This stuff is used to make clear displays of all kinds. I actually prefer Weld-on 3. It sets a little faster. It sells for about $15 a pint. I have a small 4oz can that I use on the bench. If you leave the lid off it evaporates very quickly, and sometimes I forget to cap it. Better a couple of oz. gone that a pint. By the way, it is not legal in all areas. LA, San Bernardino, and Orange counties won't let you buy it. Check your local zoning VOC codes. Having said that, it is really as good as Tenax and at $15 a pint, a whole lot cheaper. A pint should last for years.

I've used both Tenax and Weld On and like them both. Weld On is just easier to obtain. I remember reading the label on the Tenax bottle that said it could cause cancer in California. Thank goodness I live in Washington.

I've used both Tenax and Weld On and like them both. Weld On is just easier to obtain. I remember reading the label on the Tenax bottle that said it could cause cancer in California. Thank goodness I live in Washington.

Heck, life in California has been shown to cause cancer! Just about anything with any solvent of any kind has that label when sold here. Typical case of gross over reaction in a highly litigious society.