What type of B-25 is this?

RGronovius

Its a B model, and I've yet to find any references for a shark-mouthed B.

However, the 486th Bomb Squadron, 340th Bomb Group, 57th Bomb Wing, 12th Air Force had glass nosed J models with shark mouths on them.

HTH,

J

Thanks, I thought it was a B similar to what would have been a Doolittle Raider, but wasn't sure if this was just some composite made up of different variants of the B-25.

I suspected the national insignia and shark mouth were off as well.

This kit (along with their snap-Tite A-26) is a nice representtation. These kits can be built into very nice and accurate models with just a bit more detailing and better quality decals. That's a nice buy there and your son should enjoy building it! :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the later, glass-nosed B-25's, like the J-bird, have the top turret moved forward, just aft of the P/CP...?

• 2 weeks later...

That's right. The turret was relocated starting with the H model; the G still had an aft-mounted upper turret.

I got my Snap-Tite Mitchell when they first appeared in the late 1970s. It's since suffered disassembly over the decades, but I plan on rebuilding it using some parts from Italeri's "Gun Ship" model, which has both cannon and glass noses to choose from. I'll likely also get Quickboost engines and cowls.