1/1000 R2 Enterprise Refit Kit Photos

I intended to post these earlier - here are some photos of the new 1/1000 R2 Enterprise Refit kit. I haven't really seen a comprehensive set of photos of the kit on any of the other sites. Another really nice kit, though I wish it weren't a snap together kit as I feel like the engineering of snap kits sacrifices some build quality. The high point of this kit is definitely in the 3 sheet decal set with includes all the aztek pattern detail. This is another kit where the Paragrafix PE detail set will be a nice addition as it has stencils to drill out the saucer edge windows (there is little or no detail on the saucer edge - everything is actually on the decal - windows included) among other nice details. As usual, there are quite a few photos, so I'll split them up among multiple posts...

DSC_5176.jpg

Refit_Decals_1.jpg

Refit_Decals_2.jpg

Refit_Decals_3.jpg

Wow, the surface is really not nice... I've seen smoother garage kit resin...

Eric

You know, that was my first thought - I was a little bit dissapointed because the texture of the plastic is just like the texture of resin.

• 1 month later...

I really enjoy these kits from Polar Lights. I don't have this particular one and am looking forward to watching your WIP. Thanks for the effort to post the pics.