anyone here with info or intrest in old heller kits

odwinn

HEY folks is there one among us who can tell me where i might be able to find info on old school heller kits.

I just got my hands on a few boxes of these and would like info them

lucky find i might ad as i have over 200 kits here.

cant even begin to know these kits.

thanks

kev,

Nice find, Kevin! Any particular questions that you might have?

Later,

Lee

Have you any of the old Heller 1/72 armor models in that collection? I've been looking for their early anti-aircraft vehicle and the AMX 13 min 1/72 scale. They've been out of production forever, but if I can get them. I'd be real happy.

I've had a couple of the old Heller 1/72 scale kits, like the Bi-Tubes AAA kit. The tracks were virtually useless and it was not a very good kit. I believe I sold it on ML's Braille scale forum.

I'm interested in a Connie and DC-6 if you find any.

Been wanting to do a EC-121 from the Connie kit, and a C-54 from the DC-6 (I know, lots of cutting, windows, props, etc).

J

Hi, Jeff,

You seem to have no fear of vacuform kits, so I have for you a 1/72 Rare Plane Vacuforms kit of the Douglas DC-4 Skymaster with extra parts for a Merlin engine conversion. You can also build a Navy R5D-3 Skymaster or a USAF C-54. In checking the contents of the box, all pieces are there except for the two clear window strips for the fuselage windows and the navigation astrodome at the top of the cockpit. The cockpit windows are present, but the clear plastic has now yellowed with 30+ years of age. Rare Plane may have sold separate decal sheets for this kit at some time, but no decals are provided in the box (it says so on the instructions). Is this something you would find interesting? It might be an alternative to sawing up a Heller DC-6B, from which you can probably still use the landing gear.

I am hoping to finish an EC-121D from the Heller Warning Star kit for the Nats. I'll be using the "Triple Nickel" decals from an old Nats decal sheet for the USAF version instead of the kit's Navy version. The fuselage is ready for paint at this time. I buried a scratchbuilt cockpit inside the fuselage, but you need a micro flashlight and a magnifying glass to see any of that detail through the tiny cockpit windows. I've rebuilt the smooth wing tanks into the ribbed version I see in reference photos.

Ed

Scooter, you can get an Allouette 316 from Airfix in 1/72 scale. It might even be the same kit. I built one already. The Super Puma can also be gotten in 1/72 scale from Italeri, and possibly also from Airfix; which most likely makes it the Heller kit as well. I also built one of those.

If you come across a Heller Gladiator or two I might have an interest.

I've got a couple you can't have. They do pop up infrequently on Ebay, but don't go for ridiculous prices, at my 2 didn't.

My only other Heller kit is their 1/100 HMS Victory; still in the box, still waiting for me to get at it. It sure looks like it'll be a great one, well, less whatever damage I do to it in the process ... I have a small stack of reference material to ensure my AMS levels are up ...

Looking through my stash, I found an old Heller 1/35 scale figure set that includes French Foreign Legion troops on camels. Interesting subject matter.

I havent been able to get to the box with all my heller kits there, I was at the KC MO show last weekend and have been running like a mad man

i am pulling all of the heller out of the shop til i can get info on them.

I will be making a list of the kits and scale this sunday eve at home

til then hang tight ya,all LOL

kev,

Just for the fun of it, check out the box top images of these Heller kits at

http://ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/box_art_album/

Drill down through the album for manufactureres until you reach Heller.

Anyone having images not shown in this Heller Album can send them to me and I'll se that they get added.

Include the kit item # (on the box ends) and the scale. Those items make up part of the image file name.

OKover the past few days I have had the op, to get to those boxes.

I will post the list up here on Monday. or as soon as i get the time.

i am thinking of making an attempt to build one of these little gems.

let me know out of my list here. what you all think

OK?

Kev,

OKover the past few days I have had the op, to get to those boxes.

I will post the list up here on Monday. or as soon as i get the time.

i am thinking of making an attempt to build one of these little gems.

let me know out of my list here. what you all think

OK?

Kev,

Kev, I'm the type that if I think the kit's even remotely collectable, I'll throw it up on ebay and earn some money. I'd rather earn $50 on an old kit and use that money to buy a more updated kit than build it myself.

• 3 weeks later...

my bad guys , i havent gotten to posting a list yet,

got the list made and ready but just no time.

will get it out by the end of the week

look for it more so on fri,

thanks guys.

Kev,

• 2 weeks later...

and i wouldn't be me if i wasn't a week or so behind in getting things done LOL

things have been soooo nuts here . and man i have been running like a headless chicken.

I got that list done and ready to post

and promptly left it at home .

just finished last eve,

i WILL get this posted early next week

sorry folks

kev,

and i wouldn't be me if i wasn't a week or so behind in getting things done LOL

things have been soooo nuts here . and man i have been running like a headless chicken.

I got that list done and ready to post

and promptly left it at home .

just finished last eve,

i WILL get this posted early next week

sorry folks

kev,

Stuff happens, Kev! No worries...do you happen to know if there were any 1/48 scale aircraft on the list? I've been looking for one of the old Bobkit Corsairs that Heller did.

Later,

Lee

Edited by adfogel

Hi Odwinn, I've built a swarm of their 1/72 planes, and a small fleet of their 1/24 cars, as well as a couple of warships, and they're all good models. Fit, flash, straightness, quality of molding, engineering, logic of assembly, I'd give Heller a B+ or better. Small parts tend to be clunkier than modern asian kits, but better than most others. So use the box art to help pick out some kits you like from the 200 and go ahead and build them. One thing about Heller, being French they are heavy on interesting european prototypes that our own domestic model companies have not issued. Take advantage of it.