Number three for the year

MikeMoore

Here is my take on Hasegawa's 1/72 Harrier. Mix of kit decals and Superscale stencils. Lots of Eduard etch, and a Quickboost Airbrake. My own mixes with Tamiya paints, thinned with 70% iso. Biggest tip I'd have for anyone about to start one of these is to glue the whole wing together before you attach it to the fuselage. I was able to get a pretty good fit between the LEX and the wing, and only had to do a little filling and re-scribing to get rid of that join line, which doesn't fall on a panel line....

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome, and if anyone has a good, workable tip for doing the canopy det cord in 1/72, I'm all ears!

Very pretty! The model, not that lunkin' thing the Marines call for close support! :smiley2: Camo looks very "to scale". Did you free-hand or use soft masks for that superb result? Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks guys....

Mark, I don't believe I'll be catching up to the Duke! That's probably the last completion I'll see off my bench for a couple of months!

Gil, the camo is a bit of both masked and freehand. The first pass at the medium grey (well, ok, blue) I did a boat load of silly putty and tape masking. Then pulled off all the masking and realized that I missed on the color big time. I was just about to remask and shoot and then decided to see what would happen if I tried to work the right color in. I also realized I'd missed on the camo pattern as well, so as I resprayed the color, I also worked the edges out to where they should be. Proved to me once again that while it was expensive, the Harder and Steenbeck Evolution I bought in Virgina Beach was worth every cent, and the best modeling tool I own!

Mike