Hello from SoCal

PeteJ

Hello from Southern California. I suspect that many of you know me from other forums or from local clubs. I build mostly cars, but enjoy forays into aircraft(use to be a KC-135 driver) and wierd stuff like egg planes and cars. On the wierd side I have a photoetched Eiffel Tower in 1/1000 scale on the work bench.

I have been building since I was a kid and now that I am 60 I finally got into upgrading my skills. I use to compete in a lot of local contest, but backed way off 10 years ago when I won a trip to Japan courtesy of Tamiya/con, with a really crazy Dodge Ram/Ferrari TestaRossa cross build. Since then, I build more of what interests me.

Last two major builds were 1:12 scale Tamiya 935's with Scale Motorsports unltimate detail set. I do a little bit of customer work, but don't make a living at it by any means. I just see it as a self supporting hobby.

I really enjoy helping other modelers with their questions, so ask away. I belive in helping modelers with parts, if I have them availible, with the stipulation that they "pay it forward". I've been helped buy others so anything I can do to encourage you to help the next person, I'm down with that. Thanks for having me and I look forward to the new friends I will make here.

Welcome to the forum. I remember that model you built in all the auto magazine. Black with goldish colored wheels. Sweet if it's the same one we are talking about. Ray

Yes, that was mine. Here are all that I have left of it. Several photos. 5 years ago, some one broke into my garage on Easter morning and stole it along with several other models and R/C cars. Interestingly, the garage was full of valuable tools and they left all of those. Enjoy the photos.

ramarossa2.jpg

ramarossa1.jpg

ramarossa3.jpg

ramarossa4.jpg

ramarossa5.jpg

Welcome Aboard Pete!

Nice work - thanks for sharing!

Welcome Pete! I know what it feels like to have models stolen.

I'd like to invite you to join us at IPMS Orange County and show off your great work there too.

Anyway, welcome once again, and here's to seeing you around town.

Welcome Pete! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your stuff here. You have a rare gift of multi-skill sets that allow you to build great stuff in more than one genre! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome Pete! I know what it feels like to have models stolen.

I'd like to invite you to join us at IPMS Orange County and show off your great work there too.

Anyway, welcome once again, and here's to seeing you around town.

Mark

Thank you for the invitation! I know that you have a very strong club, with some very talented modelers. Thanks to IPMS/SDMCC V.P. Skip Samples, I get your news letter monthly and it always has a number of interesting articles. It is a bit of a drive from San Diego and perhaps in the near future I could make the trip, but my better half would not be pleased if I were to add another club meeting to my monthly agenda. Thanks again for the invitation.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to welcome me. I look forward to sharing our common interest(and some not so common interests as well) with you. Thanks again.

Mark

Thank you for the invitation! I know that you have a very strong club, with some very talented modelers. Thanks to IPMS/SDMCC V.P. Skip Samples, I get your news letter monthly and it always has a number of interesting articles. It is a bit of a drive from San Diego and perhaps in the near future I could make the trip, but my better half would not be pleased if I were to add another club meeting to my monthly agenda. Thanks again for the invitation.

You are welcome for the invitation. I didn't realize you were that far away. I usually come down for the June show at Gillespie field, maybe we can meet up there this year.

You are welcome for the invitation. I didn't realize you were that far away. I usually come down for the June show at Gillespie field, maybe we can meet up there this year.

The Gillespie show is always a fun show. It would be my pleasure to meet you there. Last year I judged the car catagories and had a lot of fun doing it. Pete

Good to have you here, Pete! :smiley14: "Pay it forward" is a terrific way to go thru life...I applaude you for taking that path, sir.

Later,

Lee

Good to have you here, Pete! :smiley14: "Pay it forward" is a terrific way to go thru life...I applaude you for taking that path, sir.

Later,

Lee

Pete practices what he preaches on the "pay it forward" front, as I myself have been the recipient of his generosity, and have also embraced this philosophy.

Pete, stop being modest and show 'em the Porsche! :smiley20:

Pete practices what he preaches on the "pay it forward" front, as I myself have been the recipient of his generosity, and have also embraced this philosophy.

Pete, stop being modest and show 'em the Porsche! :smiley20:

Ok, Porsche it is! New thread " Porsche 935 1:12"

• 4 years later...