IPMS/USA discussion forums now open to public

I'm pleased to announce that, effective today, the model building discussion forums of the IPMS/USA are now open to non-IPMS/USA members. No longer closed to the world, we welcome modelers to our forums and hope to share our passion for model building with them. Anyone who provides a valid e-mail address can join and use our modeling forums to share info, ask questions, post photos and learn more about the IPMS/USA.

We hope that opening the modeling forums will encourage non-members to join and give IPMS/USA members a chance to share their knowledge, experience and passion for our hobby with others.

Welcome!

I like this decision as long as non members can't see all the bickering that goes on in the Business section.

I like this decision as long as non members can't see all the bickering that goes on in the Business section.

The forums are now set up in such a way that the IPMS/USA business is separated from the modeling forums. Non-IPMS/USA members can only see the modeling forums. The moderators have been tasked with making sure that the inevitable intra- IPMS/USA bickering happens only within the IPMS/USA sections.

Bicker? We don't bicker...its passionate, intense dialog!! :D

I like the idea, lets hope it helps to promote the society.

Who's going to teach all these people the secret handshake? Dennis?? :P

• 8 months later...

Glad to see that the IPMS USA forum is now open similar to the IPMS UK forum at last.

I exchanged a few emaiils some time ago with one of your committee members at the time to suggest this

when your forum was IPMS USA members only access.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of the gentleman to whom I corresponded at the time,

who said to me that he would take the matter up with his colleagues on IPMS USA committee. Whether my suggestion

at the time inflenced this decision or not I don't know, but anyway it is a really good thing now to be able to exchange

ideas and share information with like minded modellers via the IPMS USA forum as well as the UK one.

It certainly will be a good selling point for IPMS USA.

I have been a member of IPMS UK since 1974 and have seen quite a few changes in the society over the years,

having been a branch (chapter) secretary and served on our National Committee in the mid 70's.

Just as a matter of interest one of the founder members the IPMS concept in 1963 , Peter Eves is still an active member

of the society after all these years and was at the IPMS Scale Model World Show Nov 2010.

Best wishes to all in IPMS USA

Noel Smith

• 3 months later...

:smiley20: Great and excellent idea!. Now we can share all about this nice hobby without frontiers, thanks for the decision.

Regards,

Rodolfo