385211836.jpg

Not a bad job at all if I do say so myself, pictures look flat though

Now for the one that could have been better, Fine Molds Bf 109F

385211840.jpg

385211843.jpg

385211849.jpg

Love the smoke ring camo!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks, masked and airbrushed it. What I'm not happy with is the cowling fit ...I normally glue those on 1st on the Fine Molds F's but that one I painted them off the model then tried fitting them.

I'm toying with doing the same markings again same scale in the fall after I finish some other models

Really nice! I built the Tamiya kit a few years ago and was very happy with how it went together. It seems the Finemolds kit is the favorite with others I've talked with. How do they compare in your experience?

Glenn

Really nice! I built the Tamiya kit a few years ago and was very happy with how it went together. It seems the Finemolds kit is the favorite with others I've talked with. How do they compare in your experience?

Glenn

I would rank the Fine Molds kits equal to the Tamiya kits, there is no glue holding the stabs and landing gear struts on that sucker.

The only problems the kits have is their designed with a basic engine and to have the cowlings 1/2's posed open. The engine needs detail though and I prefer OOB builds....here's one with better fit there I did end of last year

379467580.jpg

379467576.jpg

379467570.jpg

That one I did glue the 1/2s on and you can see the difference in fit. To do that all you need to do is bevel the edges .

I've 7 more of them on the table assorted versions (3 F's, 2 G-2's, G-4 and G-6) plus several more in the stash

Great work Paul! :smiley20:

I've only built one 109 in my entire life and that was some 30 + years ago. Not even sure which kit it was, but I remember having a heck of a time getting the landing gear set. Ended up using so much glue that I don't think they ever did setup. :blush: I have a couple of the Tamya kits in my stash that I need to tackle one of these days.