Yellowed Clear Parts

Guys -

A friend of mine contacted me with the below question. Frankly, I've never dealt with 'yellowed' clear parts, so I don't really know of a resolution but I thought someone here might have an answer... I have pasted the question below:

I need some advice. Perhaps you can help me. I am building a Masudaya 16 inch Robby the Robot with my son. Everything is perfect, except; 2 of the small clear plastic parts that go inside the head have yellowed. How? I don't know, as the parts have been sealed for years. The rest of the clear parts are fine. They were originally all clear. Do you know of anyway at all to bleach these two small parts back to clear again without damaging them? I didn't want to try anything until I got some expert advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jimi

Yep, I had the same problem with my Robby the Robot. My version, however, is one inch tall in 1/72 scale as issued by Lunar Models 20 years ago. The entire head dome clear transparency has yellowed in my showcase. I wonder if the sunlight treatment that we can use on yellowed decal film on old sheets will work to kill the yellow tint in plastic, or will it make it worse? Does the type of plastic stock make a difference? Not all clear plastic is styrene.

Ed