WiP

Dick Montgomery

Definitely a Saber or FJ-2/3 Fury nose gear bay. My best guess is the ESCI 1/48 F-86F Saber kit. It has separate gun door panels that help change it between their Fury and Saber kit. The silver plastic would indicate the Saber as the Fury was cast in blue, if I guessed correctly.

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Dang, you guys are good.

F-86F-40 by Hase....the old kit...

And for its time it was top of the line. I've got the Eduard pe set for the exterior that I'm working on and was shooting some wip pics. Thought I'd share.

Kit needs some help but the Eduard stuff is fantastic.

Today was a good day. I finished up the air brake replacements for the kit parts.

Bet you can tell which is which...

MVC-069S.jpg

Eduard makes great stuff. Its easy to remove from the part carrier and easy to shape. I consider myself a rookie when it comes to pe parts so imagine what the experienced modeler can do.

Which particular airframe....hmmm...don't know. Depends. This is actually just a vehicle to use for a review of the Eduard PE set...I may not even finish the model.... and in fact, I think its missing some important parts.

The only markings I've got are for a Japanese aircraft...anyway....we'll keep plugging along.

Here's the kit-supplied engine, still incomplete...lots of plumbing to add.

MVC-070S.jpg

Before and after shot of the starboard gun bay.

MVC-050S.jpg

Upper gun needs a little adjustment...

Looks great, sir! Really nice attention to detail on the gun bay especially. :smiley20:

Later,

Lee