Forum changes on the way

In an effort to move toward growing an online community devoted to model building, I’ll be making some changes soon to emphasize modeling and consolidate or eliminate those forum topics that do not.

The most visible change will be the elimination of the “open discussion” forum, effective immediately. Topics that are related to modeling should be posted in the Model Building section. IPMS/USA topics should be posted under the IPMS/USA business section. Topics that aren’t related to model building or IPMS (i.e. pop culture, music, movies, etc...) are better located on other forums.

The Kit Review and Constitutional Amendments sections will be merged with the IPMS/USA Topics forum until they find a new home on the IPMS website that will better achieve their goal of informing the membership. The Websites & Newsletters section will also be rolled into the IPMS/USA topics forum. These three forum topics see relatively little traffic and no longer merit a separate discussion forum.

From reading emails and talking with IPMS members, I get the clear impression that members want to see more modeling discussed here and less nonsense. If you want to start a discussion about something other than modeling or the IPMS, please take it to another, non-IPMS forum. If you want to talk about modeling and your latest build, we want to hear more!