PMMS To Be Closing

Mark Aldrich

Looks like Terry has finally decided to throw in the towel for real. This copied from his site:

The time has come" the Walrus said......

It is with some regret I have to announce that due to personal issues there will be no further updates to this site. It will remain online for the time being as it is now for reference purposes apart from the New Kit News for obvious reasons.

I won't go into the details other than to say that for various reasons I don't have the same enjoyment or desire in doing what I do as before and after 13 years I'm just so tied and it's time for a rest.

I want to again thank people for the support shown over the years and particularly during some unfortunate recent events, and especially to the site sponsors for their ongoing support and would ask modellers to support those vendors when possible.

The hobby has never been in better shape with an unprecedented number of innovative new releases announced for the future from an ever growing number of companies both big and small.

I won't be leaving the hobby and one doesn't know what the future holds, but please don't read anything into that as far the PMMS site goes. I'll simply slip back into the faceless throng of modeller's that make up the majority of the modelling communities around the World.

I have a few reviews currently been worked on which I will add over the coming days but after that it's all over bar the memories, thanks for the ride.

All the best.

Terry A

Posted by Terry Ashley at 9:56 PM

He and his site updates will be sorely missed. Best of luck terry!

He had a unique way of criticizing without biting the hand that feeds you. He was able to point out the pluses and minuses of the kit without being negative. He could kill a kit with a review, especially if there was a competing kit of better quality.

I'm sad to see Terry shutting down as well. But, I wish him luck in his future endeavors, particularly having fun modeling.

He had a unique way of criticizing without biting the hand that feeds you. He was able to point out the pluses and minuses of the kit without being negative. He could kill a kit with a review, especially if there was a competing kit of better quality.

I think he bought most of the kits he reviewed. You're right about killing a kit. His site was the first place I'd look for a kit review that was unbiased. Plus his built up kits looked very well done compared to other sites that have poor looking built models in the review section.

Well, I'm sorry to see this happening, even though I never really visited his site. He never touched on small scale armor so I had no reason to. Still, it is sad that a good site with excellent reviews and info stops happening. I also wish him the best and I hope he comes to enjoy the hobby once again.

Seems the historic part didn't last long. The link and every link I have clicked on all show the site gone. That is really sad. Besides our great review site, AMPS is still kicking it around for all us treadheads.

Seems the historic part didn't last long. The link and every link I have clicked on all show the site gone. That is really sad. Besides our great review site, AMPS is still kicking it around for all us treadheads.

His review database was still the easiest to navigate. Click on reviews, click on manufacturer and all the reviews of that make were listed in kit number order. The only thing you couldn't do was to search for all like vehicle kits. For instance if you wanted to see all the reviews of the Panzer IV H, you couldn't enter it into a search field and have all available kits' reviews in one list. You had to know to look through the Dragon, Tamiya, etc. kit lists.

Too bad it folded at warp speed. I was hoping it would continue on for a while until someone else was allowed to host it.

Can't hardly blame him; there have been plenty of times I've wanted to take my bat & ball and go home on websites I have reviews on. I visited this flame blog once that has a massive axe to grind with TA. That guy has gone through some vicious verbal attacks.