Checkin' in from Alaska!

adfogel

Just wanted to say "Hello". My name is Lee Fogel. I am in Alaska but will be moving back to Kentucky in July. Was a charter member of the Cincy group back in fall '95. I took a bit of a break thsi past decade from stuff...still built some kits (and collected plenty more) but things have settled down a bit and I'm back in the groove. :smiley20: My main interests are 1/48 and 1/32 scale prop aircraft (and any Penguin/Air Lines/FROG/Novo stuff!) along with the occasional F-4 or F-15.

Later,

Lee Fogel

IPMS #35509

Maybe you are premature in moving back to the lower 48. Stay in Alaska and turn in a bid to host the 2012 National Convention. That would be a FIRST!

Glad you are back into the hobby.

Ed

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I never really left the hobby as mucha s it was a sabbatical. My wife is VERY supportive of my hobby and enjoys my work. I did step away from IPMS though as I was discouraged by '99 when I bowed out. Talked back and forth with Chris Bucholtz, Joe Koss and Paul Cote and they helped me to give it another shot. All credit goes to those fine gents for putting em back here....along with what appears to be quite an improvement across the board in IPMS.

Not sure about the Nats ever getting up to Alaska but that would be cool! :smiley16: Pricey though...nothing's cheap up here (gas is $3.62/gallon right now).

Gil, you'll see me competing at the Cincy show and Blizzcon in Columbus once we get back. :smiley2:

I did add pictures of some of my recent builds in the aircraft and armor sections. Hope that you all get a chance to look. Comments and critiques very welcome. :smiley31:

Later,

Lee

Welcome Lee. Don't forget to check out the Classic British Kits SIG when you get the time. Lots of Frogs croaking it up in there.

Welcome Lee. Don't forget to check out the Classic British Kits SIG when you get the time. Lots of Frogs croaking it up in there.

Already did...I love it! Thanks for the heads-up!

Later,

Lee

Welcome Back......Would like to see your models when time allows...

Texas :smiley20:

Thanks! I posted some of my work in the aircraft and armor forums...feel free to take a peek. :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Welcome back Lee. Hope to see you at some of the R-4 contests.

Thank you! We are moving back to Kentucky in July and I'll be at the Cinciy show in September and the Columbus show in February for sure. I'll see ya there! :smiley20:

later,

Lee

Hint - there will be a show in Kalamazoo in September if you want to take a really long trip.

So does that mean that the couch is not spoken for yet???? :smiley2: I'll see what I can do to get up there. Been to the Detroit Auto Show in '06 and '07 before we moved and it's not a bad drive. Gqas and lodging is the biggie for me to try and cover on a long trip.

Later,

Lee

Thanks Tim! Nice to be back. :smiley20: Looks like things have improved since I was last around in '99.

Later,

Lee

Thank you! We are moving back to Kentucky in July and I'll be at the Cinciy show in September and the Columbus show in February for sure. I'll see ya there! :smiley20:

later,

Lee

Cincy Show has been in Oct for a few years Lee, 2010 date is Oct 2nd

<br />Cincy Show has been in Oct for a few years Lee, 2010 date is Oct 2nd<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks, Don! I'll be seeing you then for sure.

Later,

Lee

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks, Don! I'll be seeing you then for sure.

Later,

Lee

Just wanted to be sure you knew, some guys here (like me) have to plan the day before off this far ahead of schedule