Glencoe SEAL

Disco58

For John DeRosia -- I was happy to see this review. I have the same kit in my stash that I picked up at the Butch O'Hare show about five years ago. I've been putting off starting on it for a myriad of reasons, but since you mention it being a pretty quick build, I just may tear into it. There's one mistake I noticed in your build though (sorry). The regulator on the tank is backwards; it should be facing the rear, not front. That's a US Divers single stage reg, and it's about 4 1/2 in. in diameter. It's supposed to be facing the rear so you're not constantly banging the back of your head on it. Since it's a single stage no one uses them anymore; they can be a little(?) difficult to breathe through if you get deep enough because the supply side hose has a nasty habit of collapsing from the water pressure. I have one that needs rebuilt, but US Divers won't touch it because they're afraid I'll use it (well duh, that's why I want it rebuilt!), so it sits in the dive shop in the display case with the other relics.

Edited by Michael658