1/48 P-400, Hasegawa

Arkut

Hi all;

Managed to finish about 4 months ago but pic.s could only be taken a couple of days ago by Ufuk Aydıner.

Nearly out of box, only seatbelts and gun barrels are added.

Except the serial numbers on tail fin and under the stabilizer, which are decal, all are masked and painted.

I know that it is not perfect or may be even not good and that is why i would appreciate a lot who criticize it for my future projects.

Best regards,

Arkut

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by Arkut

Arkut, this is a stunning model. Very well done. I see no mistakes. But if I may make a suggest for an addition to this model, or maybe on a future model....

- The exhausts on this look almost as if they are packed with mud on the ends. Meaning....they look solid without holes. There are 3 ways to over come this, on future builds. 1. Replace the kit exhausts with after-market pieces (not always available and sometimes expensive). 2. Carefully hollow-out the ends of the pipes using a pin-vise drill bit and an X-acto knife. 3. Paint the ends with flat black after you have painted and weathered them.

- While this P-400 is awesome as it is, it may still be possible to paint the ends of the exhaust pipes flat black to give the appearance that there are actually holes in the ends. I hope this is a good tip for you and does not sound too harsh. Best of luck with all of your modeling and I will look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Actually, I think I do see shallow depressions in the ends of the stacks.....but no matter! As Ken said, that is an absolutely beautiful build! Your weathering really captures the harsh conditions of New Guinea and the Solomons. What did you use to apply the exhaust stains and to weather the tires? It's very convincing! Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

You've got nothing to worry about if you think your work can't stand up to the rigors of this gang. I agree with the others in that the weathering is really impressive. It looks like you did some pre/post shading and the exhaust stains are spot on. I'd be proud to display this as its really good work. I'm working on a Russian Lend -Lease version based on the Eduard offering. Really cool thanks for sharing it.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely beautiful work! Job well done for sure, sir! :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Nice work - Thanks for sharing! I love the weathering you've done.