The Duke's First Models for 2010!

Mark Deliduka

Finally, I can say that I finished something in the New Year!

I'll start out with my little 1/76 scale Airfix-boxed JB Models British Land Rover Ambulance. It was a basic kit and was getting on my nerves. I could have finished it better, but I just wanted it finished so here it is:

British%20Landrover%20Ambulance%20I.jpg

And a shot of the basic interior:

British%20Landrover%20Ambulance%20III.jpg

Speaking of basic kits, I completed two 1/72 scale UM Models ZSU-37 anti-aircraft vehicles. One is an earlier version of the other one.

Here's the 1943 version of the ZSU 37:

Russian%20ZSU%2037%201943%20I.jpg

Here's the 1944 version:

Russian%20ZSU%2037%201944%20I.jpg

They ain't award winners, but hey, I'm glad to have them on my shelf!

Next, I finally was able to add this model to the completed shelf after waiting for two years for the chance to finish it! This is my 1/72 scale UM Models Su-122 assault gun finally finished:

Russian%20Su%20122%20I.jpg

Russian%20Su%20122%20II.jpg

And finally, the damage from Hans Rudel's attack has been repaired and this bad boy is finally ready to hit the steppes! Here's my 1/72 scale Dragon Su-100:

Russian%20Su-100%20I.jpg

Russian%20Su-100%20II.jpg

Oh, and one last thing. I actually managed to find the decals to my Br-52 Kriegslokomotive in only one month instead of one year! So, while I was decaling everything else, I got them placed on my train and shot a fine mist of dust color over it. Check it out, I can finally call this one done:

German%20Br%2052%20Lokomotive%20V.jpg

German%20Br%2052%20Lokomotive%20VI.jpg

There they are, my parade of my first models for 2010. Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome!

one after another after another... I got two done all last year with a third almost complete and you have four in the first month.

I've been nosing around 1/43 autos on EB (smaller than I usually build but $$$) maybe I could get a few more on the 'done shelf' that way.

Either way, Kudos my man! Keep em comin. I know you will.

Thanks guys! Actually Jay, these were completed in the second month, but hey, who's counting right? Thanks for the great comment. I'll be looking forward to what you get in 1/43rd scale; should be interesting to see. Some of those little cars are real gems! Thanks for the kudos!

Dave thanks! I think it looks so much better with the decals too. Thanks again for posting!

Finally, I can say that I finished something in the New Year!

I wish I could say that! You have something I do not have: You set a high priority on building. I've taken on too many time-consuming volunteer roles that I have to squeeze in any time at the work table. Mark, set the pace and keep us inspired.

Ed

Thanks Ed! Yeah, lately things have been rough, and so I do take a bit of extra time to spend on the workbench. It's keeping me sane so far! LOL! It's good that you've been volunteering. I will have to look back into serving for Habitat for Humanity again.

Meanwhile, I've got nine more kits in progress; stay tuned for the next ones to be finished....

Duke:

Those are all some pretty nice looking vehicles. I think you did an admirable job on them all. I gotta get moving on my Armor, because I need to work on a Tiger I for a build in another group I'm in. I have about a dozen irons in the fire right now, and I need to take some quality time to work on them. I haven't taken any modeling time except at club meetings and I don't work to my full potential because of general B.S. sessions at the meetings. Good work anyway on all that armor.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I do kind of envy you for having meetings where people build. I for one would love to see some of our guys get together somewhere and have a communal build. Looking forward to seeing your next model. I am als0o going to be starting a Tiger for a Group Build on another Forum.