A model collection of 4000 saved from Hurricane

Dick Montgomery

I received an email with this message just this morning. Check it out, especially if you are 50+ and you will recognize many models, long gone, that you probably owned or built in your younger years.

If you have a moment, please take a look at my Dad's model collection - around 4,000 models - mostly plastic.

We saved his collection from Hurricane Katrina and have displayed them on this site.http://www.tfmonti.com/

I encourage everyone in the "over 50" age group to take this charming walk down memory lane. I especially enjoyed it because his taste in aircraft was so similar to mine. I did not know whether to laugh seeing the many models built in very much the style I built in then, or cry over my lost youth! I know model building was much less stressful then. This display should be part of some kind of modeling time capsule. My thanks to the person who assembled it. He has honored his Dad's love of modeling and enhanced ours by sharing it. It must have been a considerable effort to take all the pictures with the clever and thoughtful addition of the ruler for scale. My thanks also to Dick for posting it! Nick Filippone IPMS # 969. P.S. I had almost forgotten now far that turret stuck up on the back of the Airfix Hudson!

Wow! That is intense! I guess I'm way to far away from claiming a title for quantity! I only have 1100+ built!

Looking at these was awesome! Man, I'll be wasting a day just checking them all out. Way to go and thanks for posting that.

I encourage everyone in the "over 50" age group to take this charming walk down memory lane.

Such agism! :smiley16:

I resent that; even though I'm not 50 yet, I remember building many of these too.