Jump to content

Turkish Air Force Spitfire Mk.VB Trop.


Arkut
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

 

This time i could not resist myself to build a TuAF plane. It may seem that nothing is extra ordinary about this but i am mostly on other projects. Anyway...

 

It's been recorded that these planes had been used between 44 and 48. They were from the Africa stocks.

They had been transfered to Turkish Air Force after their overhaul. That is why they get the late type elevators.

The prop hubs seem varying; nothing unusual but it seems that they were either DeHavilland or Rotol produced.

Wheel hubs seems with 5-spkoes but there is one photo with covered one. I did not see any photo which shows this plane's ones but liked to opt with the covered one.

 

The camouflage can not be said to be 100% english version; shows some difference here and there. So i decided to imagine what it may be examining various photos of this planes and others photos.

 

 

The serial number on the fuselage and nose were printed by Ufuk Aydıner, who you may know from his models. The moon is painted using the mask prepared by me some years ago for my TuAF Spit. Mk.I. The crescent is from Turquise Decals.

 

The photos taken by my friend again, Ufuk .

 

I hope you like the model.

 

I will appreciate any proggressive comment about it.

 

Thanks and enjoy!

 

Arkut

 

Spit_001.jpg

Spit_002.jpg

Spit_004.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done Arkut. Great attention to detail and weathering. I like the paint chipping, it looks like it is truly worn down. The "Gear Down" indicators are a nice touch. The cockpit interior looks very realistic also. What kit did you use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done Arkut. Great attention to detail and weathering. I like the paint chipping, it looks like it is truly worn down. The "Gear Down" indicators are a nice touch. The cockpit interior looks very realistic also. What kit did you use?

 

Sorry, i have forgotten all about the kit.

 

It is Tamiya 1/48.

 

I also unfortunatley forgot to mention about the ultracast sets i have used. They were for the cannons, seat and wheels.

 

I did not have much time so could not deal up with the brake lines.

 

The model is now at the Nurenberg Toy Fair. It is not on show but awaiting its purpose.

Edited by Arkut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great build, Arkut. How did you get the wing walk area to look that way?

 

Glenn

 

 

At first i primed the model and sprayed some metallic on the areas thought to be weathered later on; covering them with Testors Metalizer Sealer.

Then i put some gray-green on the model covering all of the metallic painted areas and some others too.

At last i did put on the camo.

After decaling and varnishing i started to weather.

For the walkways i used glass fiber eraser instead of sandpaper. After that process i touched up with some little metallic sprayed on with very low pressure.

For the leading edges of the wings i damped the cotton ear buds with Mr. Hobby "Mr. Tool Cleaner" and cleaned the camo. colours with a very soft pressure and slow motion; enough just to clean the camo and leaving the metallic paint underneath.

Primer and sealer helped me a lot during this process.

 

HTH.

 

Best regards,

 

Arkut

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...