The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

Pia Zadora's first truly awful film :smiley11: , more followed. Did her "tight beam/facial" lighting, in a Concert Gig once, a very pretty girl then, I spoke French, no other crew guys did, became the "translator" for the Director, and "Ms. Zadora's" input, so we got "friendly"..... :smiley20:

El' Wrongo......Strike!! :smiley15:

santamars3.jpg

Nice try Dave, fit the bill, but a few more do as well! :smiley32:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh C'mon....we ALL SAW, this stinker, if you range from 40 to 55, at a little movie house, or more likely the "Passion Pit"! :smiley27:

A real bad "B" SF film, 3/4 Japanese actors :smiley33: , Leads were American :smiley10: .....or Foreign........... :smiley16:

You'll just "kick yourself" when you know, this actually quite an easy one. :smiley15:

Clues to date

Bad B film, 3/4 Japanese actors - rest US/Others

Staple of the Drive in Era. If you're 40-55 you saw this film

Japanese / US co-production

Heroine - well known French actress of the 60s / 70's went on to make better films

Long gone film

On a ten worst films ever list that has Plan 9 as the worst ever. rated "unwatchable"

Come on guys - Put it out of my misery. . .

Mike

Battle in Outer Space was really bad. So bad that it inspired Aurora to issue a model kit of the parody knock-off X-15 shapes of the "good" Earth fighters. Too bad that Aurora later reboxed this awful kit as an X-15 with box art that totally misrepresented the plastic in the box. It is on my list of all-time worst sci-fi kits. :smiley11:

Ed

Thank you stats-keeper, nice synopsis, and I agree, someone bury this thing!!! :smiley19:

Ewahl, Strike! :smiley15: Again, sort of fits the bill, but not quite..................... :smiley15:

A truly awful film, but as a kid, it was "sort of cool", I mean like at 9 years old!!! :smiley17:

However, in light of your informative inputs, all the Smurfs nominated you "Historical Advisor" for the game! Congrats big guy!!! :smiley20:

2315951038_66cd4cd864.jpg

OK, in an effort to "Kill this Swine", another clue. There is a "Mars" connection to this film, now please, get it away from me, yuck!!! (that's another clue)! :smiley15:

Oh Great Smurf:

I'll blow my last two guesses:

Frankenstein Conquers the World

The Green Slime

Both wrong but I have so much time invested in trying to figure this out that I'm done. BTW, I don't watch bad Sci Fi movies... LOL

Dave

"THE GREEN SLIME" IS CORRECT!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! OUTSTANDING!! :smiley20::smiley20:

Was it the "Yuck" clue, that "hinted" at something nasty? If so, well played Dave!! :smiley20:

Indeed, an atrocious film, with the French actress Yvette Mimieu, and an American Lead cast. All effects by A Japanese Production Company. You can see the strings holding up models as they rock back and forth. The image was of the Space Station, that burnt like a Marshmallow in the wind, very "Un-Space-like" looking effect. Saw this little "Gem of Poop", :smiley11: at the Drive-in in 1969, year it was released. Great stuff to jeer at, MSST3K style, but truly an awful piece of garbage.

Clues were segments of a "Circular" object with Spokes, and the element of fire. Rest of clues were verbal. If you figured out it was "Something burning in Space" you were on the right track...... :smiley15:

greenslime-08-384x291.jpg

Our official Stats keeper will update scores on players, when he has time to do so, meanwhile, I am creating a new image, Thank God! :smiley20:

BTW: This is the 500th reply on this Game Thread!! Thanks everyone for making it such a success!! Maybe this would be a good TV Game show?? :smiley22:

Movies to date

1. This Island Earth.

2. The Day of the Triffids.

3. Dark Star. ***

4. The Man who Fell to Earth.

5. Solaris.

6. Colossus - The Forbin Project.

7. Liquid Sky.

8. The Green Slime. ###

9. (Starting soon)

*** - Unguessed.

### - Got it on 4th guess.

Guesses/Wins

Dave M 17/3

Paul B 3/0

Don C 1/0

Mike D 6/2

Kevin I 1/1

Gnat 1/0

Mike L 6/1

Ken L 2/0

Ed W 2/0

James K 2/0

Total 41/7

Mike

Dang it all, your right, the Smurf messed up, not Yvette at all, complete Brain Fart there!! :smiley26:

Luciana Paluzzi was a "dead ringer" for Yvette, at that time, same look, same hair. When we saw this, my Parents in the front seat, commented, "That looks like Yvette Mimieux", and it stuck in my noggin' for almost 40 years!!!

Forgive me guys, I'm not perfect. I mostly know these films from memory, not a studied synopsis, unless it's required. Always stick to films I've seen, my apologies. Clue should have been an "Italian Actress who went on to make futher stinky films"!

I need to switch to my other PC to show a side by side comparison, of both women, at this time, in history, to prove my point, give me a few moments..... :smiley26: ^&*#$%!!!!

OK, both women side by side, images taken within a year of each other, late 60's. Notice, same facial shape, Hairline, small difference in the chin, Luciana Paluzzi has a tiny "cleft" in her chin, but they do seem a heck of a lot like the same woman to a 9 year old's memory! :smiley11:

yvette_mimieux-407x446.jpg

Ms. Mimieux

LucianaPaluzziC01-343x446.jpg

Ms. Paluzzi

See my point? Sorry about that....working on new image as I confess my sins.

New image coming soon, give me a little time, Mama Smurf has got me busy, with another dang "hubby chore", for just a little while........ :smiley15:

OK, here's our next image, different "ERASING" technique on this one, just to keep the "Image Analysts" from any "peeking".

Similar time period as prior film, plenty of clues in the image, let the games begin! :smiley15:

PS: I know every actors name, CORRECTLY, in this one, from fond memory, (that's a clue!) :smiley20:

what_in-443x333.jpg

OH, and Mimieux and Paluzzi could be twins. . . In fact in a couple of my fantasies they were! On the other hand Mimieux was burn in Los Angeles to a Spanish speaking Mexican mother so the judges were going to have to review it anyway. . . :smiley16:

Mike

Hehe..., good data, never heard of that on Mimieux, but great trivia!

:smiley20:

Strike! :smiley15: However.............

George Lucas's first feature movie, based on a short film, he wrote and directed in University days.

007251h1.jpg

Mentioned in an earlier round, a great set of Brit films by Hammer Studios, but unfortunately noble combatant, a STRIKE! :smiley15:

6305095477.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

A sound thought, but somewhat unlikely, as I already figured some of you might just "go that 180 degree route", but a good shot Dude!! :smiley20:

Not saying I won't, one day, though.....perhaps....maybe.....being vague, it's a gift, just like our Politicians!!! :smiley15:

Awwrriiight!! Too quiet here.....chirp....chirp.......

First clue..............The film is of the standard, SF, "Doomsday" scenario.................. :smiley15:

C'mon......a few guesses..........or no more clues will be given out. It was a huge success, last one for now, some guesses please!! :smiley15:

Late 60's / Early 70's timeframe plus the Doomsday / Post Apacalyptic theme plus huge success can mean only one movie:

The Omega Man

One of my favorites that was done no justice by the recent remake titled after the novel that was the basis of the original film.

YEAAAAAHHHH! MIKE ROCKS MY WORLD, YET AGAIN!! YES MIKE,"THE OMEGA MAN" IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME 10 BEST SF FLICKS!! :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

AND YES, THE "REMAKE" STUNK, IN MY BOOK, NOT WORTHY AT ALL!

Outstanding work as usual Mike, well done!!! :smiley15:

Had a feeling either you, or Dave, was going to get it on that clue, not surprised at all!! :smiley20:

OK, clues given, the obvious "grainy and low level color brilliance" of 70's stock film. Visual clues, the ornate room decorations, where Dr. Neville finds bodies, during his routine "hunts", for the "Mutants". Led by "Mathias", played so very well, by Anthony Zerbe, of "Deliverance" and "Cool Hand Luke" Fame!! Also, some of the Doc's "Utility Belt" was shown, a bit of features and those "Body Suits" he wore a lot.

heston-omega-459x346.jpg

I'll whip up a new image, before end of day, busy in Studio right now!!

Very well played, another one for the "Mikester"!! :smiley20:

Movies to date

1. This Island Earth.

2. The Day of the Triffids.

3. Dark Star. ***

4. The Man who Fell to Earth.

5. Solaris.

6. Colossus - The Forbin Project.

7. Liquid Sky.

8. The Green Slime.

9. Omega Man

10. (coming soon)