The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES MIKE, "LIQUID SKY" IT IS!!! CONGRATS!! A TOUGH ONE SOLVED, WELL DONE!!! :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

IF YOU GO SEARCH FOR A SYNOPSIS OF THE FILM, YOU'LL SEE HOW ALL MY CLUES WERE TRYING TO GUIDE YOU TO THIS FILM NOW!! :smiley17:

SUPERB WORK, STATS KEEPER, THAT'S A BIG SCORE FOR YOU!!! :smiley15:

img_5111-600x450.jpg

Anne Carlisle plays both Jimmy and Margaret in this visually disturbing flick about aliens, drug addiction, and the "punk scene" in the early 80's. Very obscure, but has a "Hard Core" SF genre following that elevated the film to "cult" status!!

Nice work Mike!! :smiley20:

New image will be posted early tomorrow, now get outside, away from the blasted PC, and get some fresh air!! :smiley15:

Movies to date

1. This Island Earth.

2. The Day of the Triffids.

3. Dark Star.***

4. The Man who Fell to Earth.

5. Solaris.

6. Colossus - The Forbin Project.

7. Liquid Sky

8. (Starting 9-22-08)

*** - Unguessed.

Guesses/Wins

Dave M 13/2

Paul B 3/0

Don C 1/0

Mike D 6/2

Kevin I 1/1

Gnat 1/0

Mike L 6/1

Ken L 2/0

Ed W 1/0

James K 2/0

Total 36/6

Well, from these excellent stats, It seems Mike D., Dave M., and you, are the leaders in our "games" so far! :smiley15:

Congrats valliant combatants!! :smiley20:

"For your consideration, a twisted wreckage of the image of a long gone film....which one could it be? It's here we find out....in....the Twilight Zone!"

serling184-204x301.jpg

what_the-496x284.jpg

Good luck players, this begins our next little game...... :smiley15:

I think not,....Oh my talented stats-keeper, no whining allowed, just guessin'...... :smiley15:

Easy stinks, you just guessed a "tough" one, didn't it just feel "marvelous"? I rest my case....... :smiley33:

Twilight Zone trashed the C57-D from Forbidden Planet not once but twice. Agnes Moorhead chopped up one with an axe in a 30-minute episode--a flying saucer landed in her attic, and the little space-suited men were zapping her with their puny ray guns. After she found the ship and began chopping it up, the camera revealed that "U. S. Air Force" was on the edge of the dome. In a 60-minute episode called "Death Ship" the C57-D was crunched into the ground at an angle. The twist was that the wreck was discovered by three crew members in an intact identical ship who, when boarding the wreck, discovered their own dead bodies. Were they dead or not?

Ed

I remember both episodes very well ewahl, but is that a guess, as in "Forbidden Planet"?

If so, STRIKE! :smiley15:

c57da-526x285.jpg

As requested, by our highly acclaimed stats keeper, a slightly "clarified" version of the film clip now posted.

You guys are really good, so sometimes I try a little too hard to baffle you.

Still gonna be tough though....no clues given....yet.... :smiley15:

Wasn't the cruiser also used in the episode "To Serve Man", "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" and "The Third Planet"(?) where some people were trying to escape from their planet which was about to destroy itself?

Well Mike, it's gotta be one of those 1327 Movies, that's the game big guy!! :smiley15:

I believe your right Ikar, since the C57-D seems to have many fans, and been used widely on various productions, perhaps someone should begin a thread on it?? :ph34r: However, tangent posts during the game are a bit of a distraction, please limit posts to "guesses" on the image at hand.

I have no problem shifting, these "non-game" related entries, to a thread on the C57's many appearances, on these various productions.

Players who keep using our game thread, to go "off route", will be cast into "cyber-limbo" until they behave! :blink:

It's dark in there......you don't want to know what "critters" are lurking around it either....scary stuff.... :unsure:

Nuff' said....................

:unsure: ...really...I had no idea.....OK, you win......the Movie.....was...............on the top "Ten Worst SF Films Ever!"

Rated as "Unwatchable" and that's right in there with a "stinko B pic"!! Same list that nominates, "Plan 9 from Outer Space", as the "Very Worst SF Film", of all time!

First clue has been given up..................... :ph34r: Back Off Critters!!! :unsure:

God Almighty, you hit the "nail on the head" about that atrocious cinematographic disaster!!! :smiley22:

So poor, it makes you wretchedly sick to see Travolta in such a pile of poop!! :smiley19:

Unfortunately, a strike............... :smiley15:

Nice try though, some reviews do have it listed as the #1 worst ever SF film, but not the stats I scanned. These include films from the 50's to present day, not much of a clue, but you know it's after 1950 now. :huh:

I actually enjoyed "Plan 9" with Lugosi, more than "Battlefield", for it's sheer comedic aspects, as it was so awful, it was good, if you catch my drift!! :smiley17:

Battlefield_Earth2.jpg

"Hey guys, the 70's called, they want their Platform shoes back!"

Time for a clue, too quiet here lately................

The "Heroine" of the film, is a well know French actress, of the 60's and 70's (that's another clue if your paying attention), that went on to make better films than this piece of celluloid nonsense! :smiley11:

Now some guesses, please, players................. :smiley15:

YOU UNGRATEFUL WRETCHES! ALL RIGHT............ANOTHER CLUE!

I WAITED ALL DAY, AFTER THE FIRST "CLUE" WAS GIVEN....I GOT CRICKETS CHIRPIN', AND TUMBLEWEEDS, BLOWIN' BY.......................VERY NICE..............JEEZ...................

OK, YOU GET "ONE LAST CLUE".........THE FILM WAS A "JAPANESE/AMERICAN" CO-PRODUCTION!

THAT'S IT, PLAY ,OR "CALL IT", FOR THE BLUE DUDE!! :smiley15:

Weather is awesome here right now, as well, gotta admit, yard work is much more pleasant this time of year! :smiley20:

Ok, Dave, but how about the rest of you pebble-snatchers? :smiley15:

Kung-Fu-tv-show-14.jpg

"Kid's got nuthin', how about you Dome-Head?" :smiley17:

kung_fu_caine.jpg

"...In this barren Desert for days, endless sea of dunes, and yet, not a single guess in this vast expanse of nothingness".... :smiley15:

And yet, it's a staple of the "Drive-in" era, we all grew up with. Yet another clue Mike :smiley15: