The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WAG- Aliens. Kinda looks like the entry into the colony (problem is it looks black and white and that wouldn't work)

Dave

Nope, and, it is a color film, notice there are toned down colors, in some of the visible segments.

Thanks for trying Dave! :smiley20:

Great Movie!! The Rat/Spider Creature, gave me nightmares, for months, in the 60's!!

Sadly, nope...hehehehe....... :smiley17:

I should probably stick with Col. Mustard but how about War of the Worlds???

Mike

AAAnnnnnwwwwww :smiley19: . No fair! No fair! Mike's cheating. Smurfinator said we only get one guess per pic. LOL :smiley4: .

Howz about, "The Day the Earth Stood Still." (I think that was the title!?!) <_<

I should probably stick with Col. Mustard but how about War of the Worlds???

Mike

Sorry Mike, a few decades off, nope! :smiley24:

The "True Classic" SF film!! Fritz Lang's 1927 film, is one of the very first SF films ever made, and you know what.........sorry, not it!! Hehehehe..... :smiley17:

AAAnnnnnwwwwww :smiley19: . No fair! No fair! Mike's cheating. Smurfinator said we only get one guess per pic. LOL :smiley4: .

Howz about, "The Day the Earth Stood Still." (I think that was the title!?!) <_<

Correct Weedeater, only one guess per image! Sorry, yes, you got the title right, but this isn't it!!!! Hehehehe..... :smiley15:

I had no idea this film would stump you guys this long, take a GOOD look, the answer is in the light parts! :smiley14:

that was a clue by the way......... :smiley17:

Seems I've stumped you, let's give you all a clue. :smiley31:

"It was the first film, by a now, well-known Director. It was also a film, in which the writer played a part, in the film, and then went on to becoming the writer/associate director, of a true SF classic."

A "True" SF movie Buff, will know that this criteria is limited to very few SF films, so let's try again fellow members. :huh:

I have another great image to post of another film, so with this, it should be much easier to figure it out ! :smiley17:

Sorry Mike. no more clues, and you already used your guess. One guess per image, per member, that's the rules of the game! :smiley15:

OOOOhhhh...well it was just an "idea", thought I'd try it out here, glad you guys like it!

Or is it dying, is that what your saying? :blink:

"SAY IT AIN'T SO MAMA, SAY IT AIN'T......." :(

Perhaps a rules change or two might keep things rolling. Maybe one guess per calendar day and a time limit for each game. Just a thought as things have gotten pretty quiet after a fast start. As it goes on, hopefully more will be drawn in and if a player gets another shot the next day he might not be reluctant to use his first guess. I only throw out my two cents worth in that I really enjoyed the sport and it seemed there were others, like minded as well. Whether we continue or not I think that it's awesome that you have created an interesting venue with your polls and games. Thank you.

Mike

OK, I do see your point Mike. Let's change it so you get more than one shot. I realize this one has "stumped" you, but that last,"clue", I gave, should have easily made the few films, that qualify, spring to mind.

Or, at least, a good guide to "Google" it!

Let's sayyyyyy......3 guesses per image, per member, how's that sound? :smiley25:

So anyome that tried once, this time, you gets 2 more guesses!

Sort of a "Three Strikes, your out!" rule, does that seem acceptable? :smiley2:

So, who's got another guess?........ :lol:

HEY! I changed the rules, now get off your cyber-butts, and get to "guessing" again! :smiley7:

C'mon Mike, everybody gets 3 guesses now, so where's all the "Movie Buffs"? :blink:

I want some activity here.....or I'LL DELETE THIS THREAD!!!! :smiley15:

I got my finger on the "Button", I could go nuts any second....... :wacko: .....!

Who's fluoridating my water.......AAaarggggghhhh...... :ph34r:

dr_strangelove.jpg

Gentlemen, do you have any idea how close I am to "snapping", please, a guess, I'm sitting on it, I could USE IT!

MUHAHAHAhahahahha....... :blink:

OH NO, I feel a mental spasm coming on....... :smiley29:

pk_atomic2_ho.jpg