• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD!!!!!!......NAH, JUST KIDDIN', ..................STRIKE!!! :smiley15:

JEEZ, YOUR DREDGING UP SOME REAL CRAPOLA HERE MIKE.................. :smiley11:

noblade1.jpg

NO TALENT EITHER!!! HAHAHA!!! :smiley17:

OK PLAYERS, THE IMAGE REVEALED!!

THE FILM IS CALLED "THE AMERICAN WAY" AND STARS, DENNIS HOPPER! A FILM ABOUT VIETNAM WAR ERA VETS, FLYING CONSTANLTY, 24/7, IN A CUSTOMIZED B-29 BOMBER, THAT HAS "PSY-OPS" TRANSMITTERS, USED TO BRAINWASH THE POPULATION, ALONG WITH A PIRATE BROADCASTING STUDIO ABOARD, THAT INTERRUPTS REGULAR TV WITH THEIR POLICAL DISCOURSES!!

TRULY A "ONE OF A KIND" PLOT, AND A DARN GOOD FILM, LOOK IT UP FOR A SYNOPSIS, IT'S REALLY TOO HARD TO DESCRIBE FULLY HERE.

PDVD_000-564x374.png

THIS IS PART OF THE FIRST FEW MINUTES OF THE OPENING SCENE, THE FELLOW WHO IS DANCING ON THE HUGE BOMB, IS ONE OF THE CREW, AND HIS BURN MARKS, AND VIDEO OF VIETNAM ATROCITIES, PLAYING ON A LARGE MONITOR IN THE BACKGROUND, CREATE DUAL DISTURBING IMAGES!!

DISCOVERED THIS ONE MANY YEARS AGO, VERY, VERY BIZARRE!

A NEW IMAGE TOMORROW, GOT "FAMILY" THINGS TO ATTEND TO, UNTIL THEN, SAYONARA....... :smiley15:

americanway.jpg

STILL AVAILABLE!! :smiley20::smiley20:

Movies to date

1. This Island Earth.

2. The Day of the Triffids.

3. Dark Star. ***

4. The Man who Fell to Earth.

5. Solaris.

6. Colossus - The Forbin Project.

7. Liquid Sky.

8. The Green Slime.

9. Omega Man

10. The Illustrated Man.***

11. Phantom of the Paradise.

12. A Boy and His Dog.

13. Demon Seed

14. Event Horizon

15. Pan's Labyrinth

16. Fantastic Planet

17. The Satan Bug

18. In Like Flint

19. The American Way***

20. (Coming soon)

*** - Unguessed. Counted as Simon's Points - 3

Guesses/Wins

Dave M 28/5

Paul B 3/0

Don C 1/0

Mike D 20/9

Kevin I 1/1

Gnat 1/0

Mike L 14/1

Ken L 2/0

Ed W 5/0

James K 2/0

Robert B 1/0

Jim C 6/0

Total 77/15

Mike

Holy crap, I've seen it - although I thought it was Called Riders of the Storm - I actually have a movie poster for the film that I bought in the later 90's from our college bookstore. This scene is a guy doing some sort of asian meditation tai chi thing. Great Music in this movie!

Your correct Mike D, the original title of the Film was "Riders of the Storm", but it was re-released with a new title, why? I have no idea? :smiley25:

More continues tomorrow! :smiley15:

OK PLAYERS, OUR NEXT IMAGE POSTED BELOW, NO CLUES GIVEN YET! :smiley15:

wweird-506x323.jpg

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :smiley20:

By the granularity and aparent shallow depth of field of the photo, looks to be prior to the 50's. On the other hand, it could also be forced like that to be a dream sequence or something.

My first gues is 'Things to Come'.

Your correct Mike D, the original title of the Film was "Riders of the Storm", but it was re-released with a new title, why? I have no idea? :smiley25:

More continues tomorrow! :smiley15:

When it was released overseas, it got the 'American Way' title - only here in the USA was it known as Riders of the Storm. Did I mention this movie has a great soundtrack?

You did, and indeed, the soundtrack his terrific! :smiley20:

My belief is it was renamed to be more "marketable" and catch the eye of shoppers, and BlockBuster clients, nothing more complicated than that.

It's a great film, and I think it would be enjoyed by just about all IPMS members!

On your guess.......a STRIKE!! :smiley15:

I'll give up a clue for that, the film was a sensation, still extremely popular today, and is very "bizarre" to say the least! It has full "Cult" status, and I suspect you'll guess it in a short while. It has great actors, and a plot that twists your mind up real tight! A personal fav of mine, and I've watched it many times, as it's rather complex in nature.

A "Filme Noire" if I ever saw one.......... :unsure:

things-to-come-247x400.jpg

This is a true SF Classic, very advanced for time it was created and released, some serious innovations that have come to life in our time, are shown here, HG Wells had a fantastic mind!

SORRY DUDE, ANOTHER STRIKE! :smiley15:

A very good foreign film though, enjoyed that one!! :smiley20:

alphaville.jpg

Well....it seems were back!! Long weekend with no Forum, thank you Bob H!! :smiley20:

Our game resumes......... :smiley15:

No guesses for a while, guess it's time for a clue! :smiley15:

The film is quite surreal, and deals with the possibility of time travel, in a very strange way! :smiley25:

The Simpson's had most unusual time travel mode... "Time and Punishment" uses the toaster!

time-and-punishment.jpg

By the way.... that is not a guess, but this is.....

ARMY OF DARKNESS

ASH kick Ash back in the 13th Century! Great Flick! Four thumbs up.

No guesses for a while, guess it's time for a clue! :smiley15:

The film is quite surreal, and deals with the possibility of time travel, in a very strange way! :smiley25:

AAAaaaahhh The Simpsons, so much fun, for so many years, love that show!! :smiley20:

"Army of Darkness" is a blast, and loads of fun, almost an American "Monty Pythonesque" flavor, to that most enjoyable film...........unfortunately..............a STRIKE!!! :smiley15:

army-of-darkness.jpg

Wow, Mike, your knowledge of film, local and foreign, really amazes me! I can speak French, so I've seen some great films from that Country. :smiley22:

Unfortunately.............a STRIKE! :smiley15:

Now, another clue, last one for today, one of the characters in the film, is also a character on a popular SF show!! :smiley16:

lajetee.jpg

OK, last clue, and if not guessed by 5pm EST today, counts as a "stumper"! :smiley15:

As it was the season to be scary, there is a Halloween connection to the film.

Now go over the clues carefully, I really have pretty much given it away in there, look again! :smiley29:

Sorry Dave, that's a STRIKE!! :smiley15:

Funny film, and George Carlin was quite good in that as well!

billandteddvdcover.jpg

I did mention it's a rather dark film, not a comedy, not even close to funny........... :blink: