The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

OUR NEXT IMAGE FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION PLAYERS! :smiley15:

AS MIKE D, IS 1 GUESS AWAY FROM WINNING, I HAVE CAPTURED A STILL, FROM ONE OF MY COLLECTIONS MOST OBSCURE FILMS, SO STRANGE, WITH ELEMENTS OF SF, FANTASY, AND A LOT OF OTHER WEIRD STUFF, IT COULD NOT BE FOUND IN GOOGLE IMAGES. :smiley22:

NO CLUES OTHER THAN..........GOOD LUCK!!! :smiley20:

what_the_h-495x326.png

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I wanted to add a "Bonus Prize" addition to the winner of this round! Not only does the reigning Champion get the model kit prize, they also have the option of "Hosting" the game, for a 10 round guessing bout! :smiley17:

The Champion can test us all, for another 10 round, Image obscuring contest, with a prize or not! :smiley20:

This is not a "must", Champion can decline, and I will keep going, with another batch of 20 images in the next round, and a prize! :smiley15: However, I will be using stills from my "personal" collection of Films around the world, and it isn't going to be "easy" as this first round. Mike D, has "raised the bar" for complexity of subject matter, and I must make it more difficult, much more difficult..........

I am "butt-deep" in work right now, and it would be nice for another member, to take over briefly for me, especially one who shows an incredible gift at the game, (hint,hint)..........

Just an option to give me a "Li'l Break" and to see what this Champion can come up with!

If declined, no worries, I will find the time to continue this, soon to be #1 Thread, on the IPMS Forum!!

Who would have believed this much enthusiasm and response, to a simple game, I conjured up to make the SF & Fantasy section a bit more interactive? Just mind-boggling, and I thank you all, so very much, for your participation!! :smiley20::smiley20:

You guys are the best!! :smiley17:

OUR NEXT IMAGE FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION PLAYERS! :smiley15:

AS MIKE D, IS 1 GUESS AWAY FROM WINNING, I HAVE CAPTURED A STILL, FROM ONE OF MY COLLECTIONS MOST OBSCURE FILMS, SO STRANGE, WITH ELEMENTS OF SF, FANTASY, AND A LOT OF OTHER WEIRD STUFF, IT COULD NOT BE FOUND IN GOOGLE IMAGES. :smiley22:

NO CLUES OTHER THAN..........GOOD LUCK!!! :smiley20:

what_the_h-495x326.png

Looks to be mid 70's to mid 80's by the color. Reminds me of scense from the Buck Rogers TV show (the late 70's version). That wasn;t a guess by the way, just an observation.

Thinking out loud is fine Mike, gives a bit of your wisdom to the other players, I will not confirm or deny your observations at this time, your too darn good at this game Dude!! :smiley15:

I think you'd make an excellent "Guest Star Host" for a 10 image round, do consider it if you win! :smiley20:

If you don't, well, there will be changes to the game, like a time limit of 3 days to guess, per image.......... :blink:

Higher stakes, will mean a much stricter control of your powers of observation, as well as a couple of other players, who show abilities at getting these pinned down!

Please continue my Valiant Video Combatants!! :ph34r:

Nice try wonder-boy, but a.....STRIKE!!! :smiley15:

I'd have to agree, truly an awful flick, how Max Von Sydow was ever talked into being Emperor Ming in that piece of fecal matter, is truly a mystery! :smiley11:

Watched it once, that was enough, only good thing, the Queen soundtrack.......... :smiley27:

fgposter.jpg

Movies to date

1. This Island Earth.

2. The Day of the Triffids.

3. Dark Star. ***

4. The Man who Fell to Earth.

5. Solaris.

6. Colossus - The Forbin Project.

7. Liquid Sky.

8. The Green Slime.

9. Omega Man

10. The Illustrated Man.***

11. Phantom of the Paradise.

12. A Boy and His Dog.

13. Demon Seed

14. Event Horizon

15. Pan's Labyrinth

16. Fantastic Planet

17. The Satan Bug

18. In Like Flint

19. (In progress)

*** - Unguessed. Counted as Smurfenpoints - 2

Guesses/Wins

Dave M 27/5

Paul B 3/0

Don C 1/0

Mike D 17/9

Kevin I 1/1

Gnat 1/0

Mike L 11/1

Ken L 2/0

Ed W 5/0

James K 2/0

Robert B 1/0

Jim C 4/0

Total 68/15

Mike

Never agreed to a guess to a clue, a few guesses earns a clue.............

Ahh, but a wrong guess is a clue in and of itself. It does remove a possible subject from the candidates. FYI - both the Buck roger and Battlestar Galactica pilots were released as theatrical films, even here in the US.

as for me......

Damnation Alley!

It sorta looks like the inside of the super RV they drive to Albany.

Very astute Jcorley, process of elimination does act as a clue, well said! :smiley20:

However.......a STRIKE! :smiley15:

Great Film! Been brought up before, and the Landmaster is an SF favorite, cool vehicle! :smiley17:

landy.jpg

OK, a few guesses, a clue, the Film, although not well-known, has a "Cult" status, amongst hard-core SF/Fantasy film lovers. :smiley15:

FYI - both the Buck roger and Battlestar Galactica pilots were released as theatrical films, even here in the US.

Correct, and the "Battlestar Galactica" theatrical release had the same "Rumble-Rama" sound effects, as Irwin Allen's "Earthquake" film did! :smiley32:

269497.1020.A.jpg

One of the "great films" in the SF lineage, one of the last big budget films to use "All Prop Models", before CG took over, released in 1979, and truly, really, frakkin' scary!!! :unsure:

Unfortunately.....a STRIKE!! :smiley15:

GOTTA' BE STRAIGHT WITH YOU GUYS, THE ODDS OF SOMEONE GUESSING THIS ONE IS NOT GOOD, MIKE D HAS PUSHED THE LIMITS OF THE GAME!

Not really Mike's fault either, he's just really, really, good at the game. :smiley20:

alien_movie_monster_06.jpg

MMM....she was hot!! A weird little attempt at SF, by using a Playmate.....who met tragic consequences. :smiley28:

B movie quality, and I'm being kind.

Unfortunately, your second STRIKE Mike, told you this one was difficult. I've kept the really "Obscure Ones" in my vault....until now. :ph34r:

Galaxina.jpg

Could that be Sean Connery??

Could the film be the oddly named ZARDOZ? A more horrorish adaptaion of the Morlock era of "The Time Machine"

I dunno, what looks to me to be boots dont look like they're tall enough - those ridiculous boots he had in that movie went half way up his upper leg. Another horrible, horrible movie I have seen way too many times.

P.S., if it is Zardoz, I'm going to be pissed - I thought about guessing that, but I don't really think it is that obscure of a movie.

Could that be Sean Connery??

Could the film be the oddly named ZARDOZ? A more horrorish adaptaion of the Morlock era of "The Time Machine"

"HORRORISH"?????? IS THAT A WORD??? :smiley25:

Chill Mike, that's a STRIKE MR. CORLEY!!! :smiley15:

Although I thought it was a rather good plot, poorly executed perhaps, the giant Head was kinda' cool, but the acting was second rate.

When I say "Obscure", I mean it, you have until 5pm today to guess this one, or it's a "Stumper" in favor of the Smurfenstein!

....horrorish.....hahahaha!!! :smiley17:

zardoz%20foto.jpg

"WHAT, NO BURGER KINGS IN THIS POST-NUCLEAR STINKHOLE?"

OK, one last clue on this image, I'll make it a good one, there is a Vietnam War era connection to this film, that's it players! :smiley15:

See you at 5pm, Eastern Standard Time, Endgame, unless someone gets real clever............ :smiley31:

"HORRORISH"?????? IS THAT A WORD??? :smiley25:

Chill Mike, that's a STRIKE MR. CORLEY!!! :smiley15:

Although I thought it was a rather good plot, poorly executed perhaps, the giant Head was kinda' cool, but the acting was second rate.

When I say "Obscure", I mean it, you have until 5pm today to guess this one, or it's a "Stumper" in favor of the Smurfenstein!

horrorish.....hahahaha!!! :smiley17:

zardoz%20foto.jpg

"WHAT, NO BURGER KINGS IN THIS POST-NUCLEAR STINKHOLE?"

Why do I feel like even though this is an obscure movie, that it is something totally obvious?

asimovzardoz.jpg

Yep, a STRIKE!! :smiley15:

I can stump, even you, if I set my sights on doing so, but good tries Dude!

When I reveal it, in about an hour, you'll probably not have heard of the film, but it is a "Cult" status film, with a very big star, so you'll know the depth of how "obscure" I can reach. :smiley22:

Still a little time left...anyone else want to give it a shot? Y'a never know, unless you try......... :smiley20:

AROBOTS.jpg

She's kinda' hot for a toaster!! :smiley27: