The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMURFENPOINTS! GOOD ONE MIKE!!! :smiley20:

WORKING ON AN IMAGE RIGHT NOW, FOUND A GOOD ONE!!

WILL BE POSTING MOMENTARILY, CONGRATS TO MIKE AND DAVE, PRESENTLY OUR "PREMIER" PLAYERS, BOTH NEARING WINNING THIS FIRST CONTEST ROUND'S PRIZE!!

OUR SECOND SET WILL BE MORE DIFFICULT, LONGER, BUT A MUCH BETTER PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED!! :smiley17:

"FEEL THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE LUKE, USE YOUR SMURF-HATRED TO FULLY USE IT'S POWER!"

Star-Wars-Emperor.jpg

OUR NEXT IMAGE PLAYERS! IF ANYONE WONDERS WHY I TYPE IN CAPS ALL THE TIME, I'M NOT YELLING, JUST HALF-BLIND FROM YEARS OF SQUINTING AT TINY OBJECTS. :smiley23:

THIS IS AN "OLDIE-BUT-A-GOODIE"! ONLY CLUE I'M GIVING UP TODAY!! :smiley15:

dunno-409x537.jpg

GOOD LUCK PLAYERS!! :smiley20:

Little Shop of Horrors

Dave

Great Movie and Theater production................STRIKE, however Dave!!! :smiley15:

little_shop_horrors_xl_01.jpg

"FEED ME MORE GUESSES.........MUHAHAHA!" :smiley15:

looks a little like Steven Boyd, so I'll venture a guess.....

Fantastic Voyage

Great film, but unfortunately......a strike!! :smiley15:

fantasticvoyage_dvd.jpg

OK, I've had a few guesses, time for a clue. Time period for this film was the 60's.............. :smiley15:

Jeez, no guesses..? Awwright...........one more set of clues for today. :smiley24:

The film is considered an SF/Thriller, plays on TNT once in a while, and dealt with a frightening subject matter, few people knew about, at that time in history........... :smiley15:

No more clues until I get a couple of guesses............ B)

INDEED!!! MIKE DOES IT AGAIN, ON BARELY ANY CLUES, AMAZING!!! :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

THE "SATAN BUG" IS A 1965 THRILLER, WITH SF OVERTONES, ON THE DANGERS OF GERM WARFARE, AND HAS THE "STUFF", WHICH LED TO FILMS LIKE "THE OMEGA MAN"!!

IMAGE SHOWS THE 2 "EVIL-HENCHMEN", WORKING FOR MADMAN, RICHARD BASEHART, (MILLIONAIRE "BAD GUY" MR. AINSLEY), ONE IS EDWARD ASNER, LONG WAY FROM "THE LUCY TYLER MOORE SHOW", THE OTHER IS FRANK SUTTON! CLUES WERE PARTIAL FACIAL GLIMPSES, THE BACKGROUND WOODED AREA OF THE SCENE, AND JUST A HINT OF THE DREADED FLASK OF NASTY "SATAN BUG"!

GERM WARFARE WAS NOT WELL-KNOWN IN A TIME, JUST AFTER WWII, WHERE MOST PEOPLE IN THE US, WERE ONLY WORRIED ABOUT THE USSR, AND THE "BOMB"..... :smiley22: ..

A NEW IMAGE TOMORROW!!! :smiley15:

DVDSATAN.jpg

"I GOT SUMTHIN' FOR YOUR MARTINI MIXER ON FRIDAY PAL!" :smiley17:

NEXT ROUND'S IMAGE BELOW PLAYERS!

NO CLUES GIVEN AT THIS TIME, LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :smiley15:

what_in4-492x315.jpg

HOPEFULLY, MIKE WON'T GUESS THIS IN ONE ATTEMPT!! :smiley17:

Movies to date

1. This Island Earth.

2. The Day of the Triffids.

3. Dark Star. ***

4. The Man who Fell to Earth.

5. Solaris.

6. Colossus - The Forbin Project.

7. Liquid Sky.

8. The Green Slime.

9. Omega Man

10. The Illustrated Man.***

11. Phantom of the Paradise.

12. A Boy and His Dog.

13. Demon Seed

14. Event Horizon

15. Pan's Labyrinth

16. Fantastic Planet

17. The Satan Bug

18. (In Progress)

*** - Unguessed. Counted as Smurfenpoints - 2

Guesses/Wins

Dave M 27/5

Paul B 3/0

Don C 1/0

Mike D 15/8

Kevin I 1/1

Gnat 1/0

Mike L 10/1

Ken L 2/0

Ed W 4/0

James K 2/0

Robert B 1/0

Jim C 1/0

Total 68/15

Mike

what_in4-492x315.jpg

Mike, I don't think so. look on the right side, you can see a man in a light colored shirt, his elbow, green pants with a black belt. The pants on STTMP didn't have belt loops IIRC.

I'm thinking something with the look & feel of Apollo 13 - it sorta looks like a typical Hollywood version of the 60s or 70s govt installation.

Along the lines of Apollo 13, here's a WAG: that 1975 classic Lloyd Bridges film "Stowaway to the Moon"

Sorry guys...............both strikes!!! Jcorley, you are correct on the time-line, so there's your clue, but no one's got it........yet! :smiley15:

Star_Trek_Motion_picture.jpg

I8wbPfESjb2QpHy.jpg

Sorry guys...............both strikes!!! Jcorley, you are correct on the time-line, so there's your clue, but no one's got it........yet! :smiley15:

I'll go to the well one more time and mention one of my all time favorites... Fantastic Voyage.

I can see what looks like the outline of the fwd part of the ship model (or at half miniaturization) and the pilots bubble toward the center and perhaps even a hint of the fin at the right... all in the red circle.

papasmurf1.jpg

(BTW, I'll probably keep guessing FV until you post one if I think there's even the slightest chance!)

I'll go to the well one more time and mention one of my all time favorites... Fantastic Voyage.

I can see what looks like the outline of the fwd part of the ship model (or at half miniaturization) and the pilots bubble toward the center and perhaps even a hint of the fin at the right... all in the red circle.

papasmurf1.jpg

(BTW, I'll probably keep guessing FV until you post one if I think there's even the slightest chance!)

Visually speaking, it does "sort of look" like the Proteus, but it's as far from that Ship, as you can imagine! Nice attempt at analyzing the visual clues though, Jcorley! :smiley20:

Do remember, I try and "fool the eye" on my images, and lead you to false conclusions, tricky little Smurfenstein, as Mike as clearly stated! :smiley15:

A STRIKE!!....HEHEHEHE.........

Earns a clue however, the lead actor was one of "The Great Ones", FROM THAT TIME PERIOD, who passed in the last few years, a great loss, and one of my favorite actors! :smiley19:

WHO'S NEXT? :smiley15:

FANTASTIC%20VOYAGE_FLR.jpg

Earns a clue however, the lead actor was one of "The Great Ones", FROM THAT TIME PERIOD, who passed in the last few years, a great loss, and one of my favorite actors!

FANTASTIC%20VOYAGE_FLR.jpg

Love that poster, almost never see it anymore!

Last swing at the bat - Marooned?

Love that poster, almost never see it anymore!

Last swing at the bat - Marooned?

Thanks, I do like to track down some of the original promo posters if they can be found!

Great Movie, very intense, and a tale of great personal sacrifice, unfortunately, a STRIKE!! :smiley15:

I appreciate you joining our "little" game J, new round will begin after someone guesses this film, please come back and try again! :smiley20: The more players, the better!

200px-Marooned.jpg

There you go, the original Promo Poster for a great film!! :smiley16:

Sorry guys, both.........STRIKES! :smiley15:

Having each given one of your precious guesses, a clue!

The film is an odd blend of SF, Fantasy, and a hint of spoofy humor................ :smiley25:

shape-clear.jpg

earthquake_movie2.jpg