The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

In my younger days, I might have taken you up on that, especially my "Rock and Roll Roadie" years, aaaah my twenties!!! :smiley20:

....gettting a wee bit too old, for anything but a cold beer, nowadays. :smiley2:

Cheers! :smiley4:

It was funny by the way.....but your out of this round, regardless, James! :lol:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! CLUE! :smiley25:

Mike

Jeezus, your scaring me now Mike! :blink:

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"................................................

Not enough "guesses" yet, no "clue" until a few more give it a shot.......

Calm down Dude.......... :unsure:

The-Shining-Here-comes-Johnny.jpg

OK Mike, I'll give up a clue, one of the main characters of this film, was part, of the original cast, of "Saturday Night Live", and also, a writer for the show.

I'm talking 70"s version here, first few seasons, with the original cast.

Now give me some decent guesses.......... :smiley17:

"WE ARE....FROM....HUH....FRANCE" , FUNNY FILM DAVE!

Nice try....but nope! :smiley15: hehehehe.................

Coneheads.jpg

Are you looking at the picture, or throwing suction tip darts, at your PC screen, with a selection of "B" movie classics on the screen?

Anyone from the original Saturday Night Live, in either of your choices?

WRONG!!!! :smiley15:

invademarst_cap2.jpg

Why in the world would I beg for a clue and ignore it??? Geez! Jim Downey was in "The Brain Machine" and Laraine Newman was in "Invaders from Mars". You mean you didn't know that??? Hmmmm. . . Some expert! :smiley17:

And for your Androids, would you please remind them, "Baa means no!"

I've still got a guess left, just warming up and giving the others a chance. :smiley16:

Mike

OK, got me there, forgot about Laraine in "Invaders", but Downey wasn't in the original cast. I'm not an "Expert" by any standards, just a "Movie" buff. Downey was part of the second series cast, that began in 1979.

The original "Prime Time Players" were from 1975 to 1979, Downey started in 1979. I clearly said "Early 70's".

And this brings up a "clue", since you entered a "point of order" area. I'm a fair guy, I messed up on that "Laraine" bit on "Invaders, so here's a another clue.

The character was a writer and performer, with the "Prime time players" from 1976 to 1979, but not an actual member of their group.

I'll give you points for doing some research Mike, well done on that! :smiley20:

And leave the "Sheep" alone... :smiley17: ...with Androids, it's household appliances I worry about.... :smiley22:

I'm afraid all day won't be enough. I went to the SNL site and made a list of every person with an acting or writing credit. Then went to IMDB and matched them with all Sci Fi genre movies. Left me with my two guesses. The last clue eliminated them. I'm curious what other guesses Dave was toying with. There were several other matches but they just didn't match (IMO) the still. When you're ready to reveal the answer I would be very curious to see if you posted the still with no black out if someone would get it from that. The first two I would have gotten but the last one, even the still wouldnt have helped me. Just a thought.

Mike

I'm afraid all day won't be enough. I went to the SNL site and made a list of every person with an acting or writing credit. Then went to IMDB and matched them with all Sci Fi genre movies. Left me with my two guesses. The last clue eliminated them. I'm curious what other guesses Dave was toying with. There were several other matches but they just didn't match (IMO) the still. When you're ready to reveal the answer I would be very curious to see if you posted the still with no black out if someone would get it from that. The first two I would have gotten but the last one, even the still wouldnt have helped me. Just a thought.

Mike

...OK, ....dude, this is a game......let's all remember that...you guys are seriously getting me concerned, that I've created an "obsessive" thingie, here! :smiley22:

Mike, you've missed something.....look again.....and the clues in the image are being overlooked. :smiley24:

Think back.....wayyyyyy backkkk......... :smiley29:

One more guess for you...... :smiley15:

Ghostbusters II

Not right but fits the bill

Dave

Steeeerike Threeeee! Your out Dave! :smiley15:

Better luck next round!! :smiley20:

AMAZING!!! YES INDEED MIKE, WELL DONE!! WOW!! :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

The actor I was speaking of was Buck Henry, who played the "straight man" in the "Samurai sketches" with John Belushi, and several other roles. He was a member of the cast, and the guest star on 11 episodes. :smiley31:

Buck Henry plays David Bowies attorney in this film, and the story revolves around a Man, who comes to Earth, in search of a new home, for dried up, post Nuclear, Anthia , where is family and people are dying. Over time, the vices of our existence wear him down, as well as the CIA which blinds him by removing his eye protection lens over his eyes, and he loses his purpose, a very cool and visually disturbing film!! :smiley22:

Bowie's character, the Alien who "appears" human, with a disguise, is Thomas Jerome Newton. The scene posted, was in one of Newton's "odd rooms" in his domicile, where the actor, Rip Torn, realizes something is very "wrong" with this individual.

Bloody marvelous, well done!! :smiley17:

manwhofelltoearth-2-461x308.jpg

In the blacked out image, I left a portion of David Bowies hand clearly outlined on the lighted Globe. Rip Torn's face is also clearly visible, and Bowie's hair, the bright Orange, as he was in his "Ziggy Stardust" Phase, at the time this film was created. And the oddly detailed room, which is "Anchoic" Foam, used in Recording Studio's, to eliminate noise interference. The film was released in 1976 and one my personal favorites! :smiley16:

I'll have another image, to restart the games, very soon! :smiley17:

That would be the 1972 incarnation of "Solaris" (or Solyaris if you like), which came out quite some time before I was born, but is actually a quite good film - much better than the Clooney version. I actually saw the clooney version first, which sparked my interest in the original

UNREAL, YES, MIKE GETS IT ONE GUESS!! :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

The odds against it are astronomical! Either your a true Movie Genius, or you have a heck of an image cleaning program!!

I'll have to use a different method, to "hide" image portions, to make this harder, to make sure your the real "Mc Coy"!

Very Impressive! :smiley32:

That's 2 in a row for you Mike! Well done!!

Give me a little time to create a new image, the Russian version of Solaris is a bit obscure, and few SF Movie buffs have seen it, I did not expect such a quick guess on this!

WOW!

vg_solaris72-492x270.jpg

And I fully agree, the US version with all it's special effects, could not match the "weirdness" of the original Russian film, even with it's very limited budget.