The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

OK, Smurfinator

(As he withdraws his sword form its sheath, he hap-hazardly pokes at it for the second time.......)

Forbidden Planet!?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, very funny, nuclear catastrophe averted with a pun....abort launch! :smiley17:

Weedeater, put that thing away! WRONG! :smiley15:

I'm going to let a few more people try and guess this one, but if no one gets it by a few days, I will reveal the entire image, and notate the clues that were left seen. :lol:

Not to mention the last verbal clue, which really should have given you all you needed to figure it out! :blink:

I'll make that part of the game, time limit on images, let's say, 3 weeks. That way we keep some momentum going on this.

I'm actually surprised no one got this, so few films fall under the category I described, less than 6 actually, I don't get it! :huh:

Time is running out, who's next? :smiley25:

Six movies that fit the clues? I've been googling away for the last couple of days and have not found 1. I don't admit defeat easily, I assure you. but O'Mighty One of the Blue Ilk, you've stumped me into submission. . . :smiley19:

Mike

Well I do recall a post where I was asked "Please test us, Oh Great Smurf", so I obliged. :rolleyes:

OK, here's one last clue, before I reveal the film, it's a "Cult Classic", known for it's very off-beat humor, and rather strange story-line. :smiley2:

After Labor Day, if no one gets it, that's a "Stumped you all", award, for the Blue fella'. :smiley20:

smurf_avatar.gif

Nope, gosh, I really did think you'd have it by now!

I'll reveal the film on Tuesday, if no one gets it by then.

Thanks for trying though! :smiley20:

THE "STUMPER" REVEALED!

As it seems, the blue guy stumped you all for long enough, you labored in vain, and as it's "Labor Day", I will reveal the image. :smiley15:

The Film was "Dark Star". :blink:

John Carpenters first film, and Dan O'Bannon, who stars in the film, later went on to co-direct and write, "Alien", one of the best SF Films ever. Remember that verbal clue? Go back a bit if you don't. :smiley5:

In the image, I left a few clues, first off, it's dark in there, and there are several hints that it's a closed space, looks like an occasional hint of machinery, and lighting, Control Room, Cockpit? That was there.

Also, a uniform Shoulder Patch seen in there, a Uniform? Military, Astronaut? That was there too. :rolleyes:

And most telling, the Face of the Movie's character, Commander Poole, his wild staring eyes, and black bushy, curly, hair is there as well. That's what struck me the most about that character, as they were all going nuts out there, but he was already "over the edge". :smiley29:

I also gave a telling verbal clue in mentioning it was a "Cult Classic", meaning it was an oddball film that had "cult" status amongst SF films. There are several, but only a very few fit the verbal clue, about the "Actor going on to write one of the best SF films ever." :smiley31:

There you have it, and as it's Labor Day, I'm turning the PC off, and spending some time with the family. I'll post another clip in the next day or so, while you ponder "How did I miss that?" :smiley22:

darkstar2-553x279.jpg

Thanks for playing, another image coming very soon! :smiley20:

You mean like a "Jedi Mind Trick"?

Nah, Smurfs don't do that stuff.....

Face it Mike, you were Smurfed!!!! Muhahahaha........ :smiley15:

smurf.jpg

Our next image, for your consideration, my Movie Buff friends!

Also a "Cult Classic" SF film, and quite good! No clues other than the picture at this time, and there are very good clues there.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :smiley20:

what_film-459x306.jpg

Not even "Monkey-Close", this is gonna be fun! Hehehehehe.... :smiley15:

Next?

Dave, take one of your 3 "stabs" at it, I know your lurking around here..... :smiley2:

planetofapes.jpg

....THAT WAS HYSTERICAL!!!! MIKE, YOUR INSANELY FUNNY!!! :smiley20:

For plain "making my day" with a real good laugh, this does not count as a "guess", you still get three wishes, Dorothy....... :smiley32:

Thank you....... :smiley27:

Not even in the "Same Vein", hehehe.....good try though James.

Sometimes I leave in visible "clues", I know will make it harder to figure out. :smiley15:

:smiley2: Smurfs are tricky little critters!

sffavoy.jpg

A little too early for clues, c'mon Mike, no one's even tried a "good guess" yet! :smiley22:

alextrebek86.jpg

By the way, tin foil doesn't work......... :smiley15:

Kinda' scary huh......... :unsure: ?

There you are! And........No! :smiley15:

Good movie though, really enjoyed that film!

enemymine.jpg

STRIKE 3, YOUR OUT!! :smiley15:

That last one was truly an act of desperation James, not even an SF film, however, it does rank, as a "Fantasy" film! :smiley17: