The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

OK, here's a cool game I thought you "SF Film Buffs" might enjoy. I'm not making it easy, it's going to take serious concentration on the few clues I give, are you "game" fellow member's? Do you have the "Right Stuff" to guess, the title of the Film, the picture below, is taken from. One guess per member, per picture, then, when one gets it right, we start another round! I may even offer a prize, if lots of members participate, it's all up to you, and your observation skills. :ph34r:

Ready? Here's our first picture.....

guess_which_film.jpg

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than being "blackened", it is a clip from the Movie, a "stiil" caption, directly from a scene. :smiley14:

My first thought was "This Island Earth" but not sure

Dave

Darn, I gotta use more blackening! :smiley18:

WE HAVE A WINNER! INDEED, "THIS ISLAND EARTH" IS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!

Congrats dmorrisette, well done!! :smiley20:

I'll whip up another one tomorrow!! :smiley14:

mawstonthisisland.jpg

OK, Dave got that last one, this one's also a Classic SF film, this is a still captured from the film, can you guess which film it is? :smiley25:

which_film-525x271.jpg

Them?

Dave

Nope, no cigar that time, but good guess.

Notice I eliminated the ability to play with contrasts, and brightness, that's cheatin'.......hehehehehe...... :smiley17:

Your are a "player", Dave, love it!!

Told you this would be fun!! :smiley20:

Awwwwright...step up.....who's next....?

All right, I'll give you a hint, it's.....it's.....it's.......it's.......during the daytime!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :smiley17:

Your right Bob, I am a..."you know what!!!!" Muhhahahahahaha..... :smiley15: .....

This is a hard one, Dave guessed that much too fast, so I had to "beef it up" a bit, on difficulty.

Don't get mad at me....it's all his fault, for getting it so soon! :smiley32:

Don't give up so easily guys, I always leave a very important clue in the image. It requires deductive thinking, and good observation skills, look closely, it's there. :blink:

Here's a genuine hint. The game is "Classic" SF films, not recent releases, so that cuts it down to pre-80's (mostly) films, no re-makes, some black and white, some color. Themes can be SF, Fantasy, Horror, but somewhere within that genre. :huh:

Whoever gets 10 right, Dave's up on one already, gets a classic 12 inch Seaview kit, new in the shrink wrap, shipped to you, free of charge, for participating! ^_^

A liitle "incentive" to make it more interesting! :lol:

Now sharpen those detuctive skills and figure it out!! :smiley20:

Hmmmm. Not sure but I will try "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Loved the film. Own a great model of Gort

Dave

Cool, I love to make illuminated versions!

Great film, and your all just "guessing",take a look at the image, there is a "crucial element" that tells all, your not looking closely enough..... :blink:

But, NO!!! Hahahahahaha......so cooold, oooh sooo cold..... :lol:

HOLY TOLEDO!!

YOU GOT IT, AMAZING!

The clue in the picture, and the clue I gave, in the last post mentioning a "crucial element", yep, that was a clue......the man is spraying Seawater!! Notice that "crucial element" is seen at the bottom of the picture, the spray of water, get it?

That's what fried those nasty Triffids, in the "Lighthouse" scene, at the end of the film!

Amazing guess, really, I am impressed!

OK, I'll get another one posted soon.

Are you starting to get a "feel" for the game yet? :smiley25:

day-of-the-triffids-20.jpg

I had a feeling the Classic SF Movie Buffs would enjoy this. You asked, Oh Dave of the Morrissette!

And I'll setlle for " Oh Pretty Clever Smurf", "Great" is a hard one to live up to! :smiley22:

"Too much pressure man...." :blink:

Anyways, here's a "Toughie", no clues from me....yet. A classic SF film clip directly from the movie, which one is it? :ph34r:

what_s_this-601x306.jpg

Aawwww... C'mon...... :huh:-"Jeez, not even a guess?"

There's 2 distinct clues, that will lead you to the answer, I....I.........have already said too much!!!! "They"....may be listening...." :ph34r::ph34r:

:blink: -"where did everybody go........?" :unsure:

Really....? It's there, I swear it's there...all you need is there...... :lol:

I'm not going to post an "impossible" version, I am playing fair, just keeping the "difficulty" level up, as the first few, were guessed rather quickly. :huh:

C'mon Mike, they all got guessed, and they all looked so hard at first, stop trying to "put the pieces" together, and analyze each section as an individual clue, what do they tell you? :blink:

What's the texture of the still, grainy, clear, that gives you an idea of the time when it was filmed, quality of the video. :smiley2:

Colors? Is it bright, or, toned down, like certain European productions, like Hammer, or stuff done at the Peckingham Studio's, get it? :smiley31:

Lighting, is it oustside, outside....where??? :smiley25:

"What's in what's seen?" What do you see, Trees, something machine-like, a hint of a face, a chunk of set you might remember.....that's the game fellow members. :P

All sorts of clues, or a darn good guess.....it's there I tell Y'a!! :smiley20: