Sweet 1/144 A6M2 Zero

Hanson

Wow, finished two in one week. Stars must be aligned or something....

This is the Sweet 1/144 A6M2 Zero, as a Pearl Harbor attacker from the Akagi. Finished the canopy tonite, I think it came out, well, sweet! ;-)

Not terribly happy with the weathering on the base, though. May have to redo that sometime.

Now, on to another project. Ferrari 333SP!

zero_3.jpgzero_4.jpg

zero_5.jpgzero_6.jpg

Wow, finished two in one week. Stars must be aligned or something....

This is the Sweet 1/144 A6M2 Zero, as a Pearl Harbor attacker from the Akagi. Finished the canopy tonite, I think it came out, well, sweet! ;-)

Not terribly happy with the weathering on the base, though. May have to redo that sometime.

Looks nice :-)

Carrier deck was in the kit ?

Edited by PawelP

Nice neat work, you made it look like a larger scale than it is. I hope you didn't use a lot of glue on the engine cowl, it looks like it is on up-side-down. The air intake should be on the bottom and the gun troughs on top. Hopefully it will just pop off without too much fuss. I've made similar goofs myself, now I don't throw out the box art until I'm done. Good looking build overall.

Nice neat work, you made it look like a larger scale than it is. I hope you didn't use a lot of glue on the engine cowl, it looks like it is on up-side-down. The air intake should be on the bottom and the gun troughs on top. Hopefully it will just pop off without too much fuss. I've made similar goofs myself, now I don't throw out the box art until I'm done. Good looking build overall.

You're absolutely right, and fortunately it was easy to fix! Thanks for catching that, it was going with me to the club meeting tonite and I would have caught all kinds of ribbing for that. I fixed the photos.

Edited by Hanson

Looks nice :-)

Carrier deck was in the kit ?

Yes, Sweet generally puts two 1/144 aircraft in each kit, but in this case it was the Zero and the deck. In fact, you can get the deck in a separate package, and can do an entire carrier deck if you like. There's some photos on HLJ that show the entire Akagi squadron on carrier deck. Looks great, but I think I'd get bored.

Nice work Mike - Thanks for posting!

I have a few of these Sweet kits around the "in" pile. I may have to dig out one after your inspiration.

Nice job, Mike. I saw the post about the cowling, looked back at the pictures, couldn't see the issue :huh: , then read further down where you fixed the pics...(I thought I was going to have to get my eyes checked :blink: ).

Thanks for sharing,

Glenn